- Whiten stained nails – Dip a Q-tip in a mixture of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Swab over fingernails and rinse after three minutes.
- Keep nail-polish bottles from sealing shut – Dip a Q-tip in vegetable oil and apply to the rim to to keep the bottle from sealing shut.
- Create your own liquid eyeliner – Twist the tip of a Q-tip to “tighten it”, then moisten with water and dip it in your favorite eye shadow to precisely line your top or bottom lids.
- Remove flaky skin by rubbing an exfoliating facial scrub on dry spots on small or delicate areas.
- Apply eye shadow, eye liner, lip stains and concealer with a Q-tip rather than expensive makeup brushes. If you roll the end of the tips between your fingers, you can create the ultimate precision tool. They are especially handy and packable for traveling!!
- Conceal your roots (or those stray gray hairs) – Dip a Q-tip in eyeshadow that matches your hair color and apply to your roots.
- Perfect your self-tan – Dip a Q-tips into self-tanner and apply to stretch marks to hide them or blend any other small spots you missed.
- Create the look of fuller lips – Use a Q-tips to trace the outside of your lips with translucent shimmery eye shadow to create fuller-looking lips. This is a great alternative to using a lip liner, which can often run, or not be applied properly.
- Keep your lip gloss sanitary – Use a Q-tips Cotton Swab to apply lip balm or gloss from pots to keep your makeup clean and germ-free. This also works well when you’re at the end of your favorite color to get the last bit out of the pot or tube.
- Prep and exfoliate your lips – Roll a Q-tips Cotton Swab in baking soda and gently buff your lips to remove dry skin. Follow with a moisturizing lip balm or color.
- Condition your lashes – Hold the tip of a Q-tip coated with petroleum jelly, Jojoba Oil, or Olive Oil. Blink lightly, avoiding the insides of your eyes. This works best when applied at night, before bed. You can also use this method to remove any mascara mistakes!
You can find loads more natural makeup tutorials, beauty tips, and “Day to Night” makeup tricks at Pretty Smart!
FTC Disclosure: This article contains tips and tricks that were sent to me free of charge in return for an honest review. The opinion in this article is based on my personal experience and was not influenced by any source. Feel free to read my disclosure policy for more information.