It’s always interesting, and sometimes quite surprising, which articles become popular. And it’s not always the initial subject that makes the article “popular” but in many cases the comments section has taken on a life of its own! Fellow Bionic Beauties making their own suggestions, sharing tips, asking questions. That spontaneous conversation is one of my favorite aspects of blogging… even if we get a bit off topic.
And now, in no particular order, the Top 10 articles of 2009 from Bionic Beauty…
With the economic downturn, many beauties are looking for ways to save money while keeping their skin in tip-top shape. So I shared my favorite ultra-cheap and all-natural face mask- The Aztec Secret Green Clay Healing Mask.
15 Beautiful Uses for Jojoba Oil – When I first started using Jojoba Oil in my skin care routine, I couldn’t believe how versatile it was. Perfect for dry, combo and oily skin- Jojoba balances your skin and can also be used on your nails, hair and body!
Combing my love for Jojoba Oil and the Aztec Secret mask, Robyn from Purely Cosmetics came up with a brand new face mask recipe!
I titled the article “Acne Tips for Teens” but it’s actually the regimen I follow myself and recommend to family/friends of all ages. If you have acne, you might find some alternative therapies here. And be sure to share your best tips as well!
Most free samples that I post go super quickly. However, these Freebies from the Past have quite a few that are still active!
I hope all the Bionic Beauties out there are having a splendid weekend so far! Any big and exciting plans?
In the meantime, here are a few free samples to help kick your weekend off.
Get a free 3 pack of Playtex Gentle Glide regular unscented tampons. Yeppers once again, those of us lacking ovaries or past that point in life are outta luck on these freebies, unless you want to request them for a friend or family member.
Follow Dove on Twitter – next week they will be giving out free samples of their bar soap via their Facebook page. Keep your eyes peeled!
I have been remiss in posting a Bionic Boondoggle for a long time. Okay, so it’s been months (and months) to be transparently truthful. Since my 2010 is finally settling down, I rounded up some of my favorite things from the interwebs this week…
Looking for a laugh? Nenette over at LifeCandy always keep me on my toes. Hilarity ensues when you mix VHS tapes, cat poop, yoga pants, and coffee into one article… Mark my words, you may need brain-floss after reading this. *wink*
Just for some "pretty" this week...
True or False? The Mineral Makeup Coach wants to know if you know your skincare myths from facts. Does oily skin need less moisture than dry skin?
Since most people love to win things, Jen at Mythbuster Beauty is holding a giveaway for a $150 gift card to SkincareRx! There are loads of ways to enter, but do so quickly because the deadline is February 8, 2010 (USA residents only).
This week’s Powerful Beauty segment features author Kim Brittingham. Not only does Kim have her own website and blog at KimWrites.com, but she’s also an accomplished essayist and video host! As if that didn’t keep her busy enough, this year she has a new memoir book being released by Harmony Books – “Read My Hips”.
Congratulations Kim on your upcoming book, I’m sure it will be a great success! And now, here are Kim’s thoughts on how each woman can achieve her very own Powerful Beauty…
Here are this week’s cosmetics sales from your local Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid drugstores… There are LOADS of fantastic beauty sales this week, but be warned… the stores are also packed full of chocolate and sweets for Valentine’s Day. Awww heck, go ahead and cave! Grab some dark chocolate truffles for me while you’re there!
- Pond’s Skin Care cold cream, dry skin cream, and 30 pack face towelettes – Buy 1, Get 1 FREE!
- L’Oreal Double Extend 24 hour Lash Boosting Power System (lash growth serum and mascara) – On sale for $5; or get $2 each product individually.
- Kiss or Broadway nail kits – Buy 1, get 1 50% off
- Maybelline foundation, concealer, powder, blush, lip color, or brushes – On sale for 40% off! Plus buy 3 or more Maybelline products and get $3 in Register Rewards (RR).
- Eucerin skin care products, 14-16.9 ounce bottles – On sale for $10.99
- Garnier Nutrioniste skin care – On sale for $3 off
- Olay Quench Body Lotion – On sale for $7.99, plus get a FREE Olay Quench in-shower body lotion with purchase!
- Walgreens liquid hand soap refill – $3.99 with in-flyer coupon
- Walgreens body wash – Buy 1, Get 1 FREE!
- Clean and Clear Skin Care products – On sale for 25% off
- Garnier Nutrisse or 100% hair color – On sale for $5.99 with in-flier coupon
- TRESemme shampoo, conditioner or styling products – Get 3 for $12, plus an additional $5 in RR.
- Select designer fragrance “Dusting Powders or Body Lotions” – On sale for $9.99
- Revlon hair dryers, flat irons, curling irons – On sale for $14.99
- L’Oreal Vive Pro shampoo and conditioner, or Studio hair styling products – On sale for $2.99
- Neutrogena Cosmetics, makeup, face moisturizers or lotions – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off!
- Revlon cosmetics, makeup and beauty tools/implements – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off!
- L’Oreal Feria hair color – Get 2 for $13 (with in-store coupon)
- Gold Bond Hand Sanitizer Moisturizer – Get $1 off with in-store/flier coupon (Don’t forget to grab your free sample online!)
- Walgreens Sheer sunscreens and SPF products – Get $2 off with in-flier couponSaturDate with Beauty – select Walgreens stores. January 30th from 10am to 5pm. Sample the latest perfume and cologne releases from Sean John and Britney Spears, plus get them for $5 off!
(remember, you’ll need a free CVS Discount card to get these prices…)