A few Green and Eco-friendly living ideas that’ll make you feel happy and help the great big ole world we live in.
- Reuse those plastic grocery bags for small can liners, doggie cleanup, kitty litter scooping, work lunch totes, etc. Hey, clearish-brown plastic is pretty dang fashionable!
- Conserve power by unplugging your cell phone and laptop charger when you are not using it.
- Recycle everything possible! If your neighborhood or city doesn’t have a program, contact the waste management company responsible for your area and ask when they plan to implement one.
- Donate used Ink Jet Toner cartridges to PetSmart. Help the pets and put less in the landfill. You can pick up the donation envelopes in the store, then drop in your cartridge, seal it, and send it off (you don’t even have to pay postage- NO excuses!).
- Go through your ENTIRE closet. Anything you have not worn in the past 18 months, put it in big bag and donate it to your local Habitat for Humanity, Salvation Army, or charity-of-choice thrift store. In fact, go do it now, before the cold weather and holiday rush sets in.
- Buy/sell items on sites such as Craigslist to keep stuff from heading to our landfills. If you can’t sell it, post it on your local Freecycle. Trust me, someone out there wants exactly what you have!