While it looks like not much happened on Bionic Beauty today, I’ve been working behind-the-scenes since 8am. Hopefully you all will benefit from the upgrades soon. I’m working on an improved navigation bar so everyone can find articles related to a specific topic in an easier and quicker manner. Also in the plans- a FAQ page and a page listing the most-popular tutorials. I’m open to other suggestions to improve Bionic Beauty, just leave your thoughts in the comments.
Now, let’s get down to a Bionic Boondoggle! For those of you who don’t know what a Bionic Boondoggle is… it’s basically a mash-up of wonderful things that caught my eye recently.
First up… the sales!
- Get a FREE $5 gift card from e.l.f. cosmetics with a $20 purchase! Just use coupon code CINCO when you checkout.
- From now through April 30th, get 25% off your entire purchase plus get FREE standard ground shipping at Sally Beauty’s website! Enter promo code 555919 at checkout. I know I’ll be stocking up on Ion Color Brilliance hair color! I just wish I could use this in their brick n’ mortar stores as well, but I guess we can’t have all our wishes granted.
- YBF Skincare is celebrating their 3 year partnership with The Skin Care Shop. Between now and June 1st, YBF is giving away over $1500 of their incredible skin care products via Twitter! Head over to the YBF website for the giveaway schedule and learn how to enter!
From around the web
- Mo at Mythbuster Beauty got her hands on MAC’s new Stacked Crushed Metal Pigments and created a very pretty makeup look! For non-MAC peeps (me included), I’m not sure what that fancy-dancy name means, but I think they are powdered shimmery eye shadows. *wink*
- I’ve long been a fan of Kristarella for her awesome web design skills and extremely helpful tutorials. She’s pretty much my blogging idol. Recently she posted an article chronicling her weight loss that I felt should be shared. It was so open and real – she definitely qualifies as a Powerful Beauty in my book!
- One of my fave indie makeup lines, Purely Cosmetics is exhibiting at the IMATS makeup show in LA on June 26th and 27th. If you’re going to be in the area, please stop by the PC booth and tell Robyn I said “Howdy!”. I really wish I could go. Alas, some day… maybe.
And last, an explanation for my picture- this weekend, I got dazzled up to attend a friend’s salon/spa grand opening in trendy SoBe. So that’s me playing grown-up-prom-night. Fun times!
Now it’s your turn to Boondoggle! Have you spotted a funny video, or a quote you love, or a moo-lah saving sale? Did you do something extremely fun or meaningful this week? If so, please share!