Welcome to another installment of Bionic Beauty Homemade with Joycey Couture!
Whether you enjoy your coffee black or with cream and sugar… what do you do with the leftover grounds?
If your answer is the trash- step back and close that lid. It’s time to take that coffee goodness to your shower and mix up your own all-natural Coffee Body Scrub!
- 3 Tablespoons used coffee grounds (Caffeinated coffee works best for the extra benefits I’ll go over below…)
- 1 Tablespoon salt (optional – table salt is fine, or use a fine grade sea salt)
How you make it~
Brew a fresh pot of coffee and enjoy a cup or two. Within 20 minutes or so of brewing (to avoid oxidation), mix the damp grounds and salt in a small bowl.
How you use it~
Scrub mixture over entire body while in the shower. Rinse well, and moisturize.
Why you should use it~
- Caffeine extract (derived from coffee) is used in numerous beauty, cosmetic and skin care products; as well as vitamin supplements.
- Caffeine has been found to constrict blood vessels underneath the skin- which can help you by improving cellulite, under eye circles, and even conditions such as rosacea.
- Another added plus! The caffeine scent not only wakes your senses, but it will also detoxify your skin naturally of any odors while exfoliating dead skin cells. The detoxing effects stem from coffee’s natural anti-oxidants which help battle the effects of oxidants and pollution on your skin.
Have you tried any DIY homemade beauty recipes that included coffee as an ingredient?