Welcome to another installment of Bionic Beauty Homemade with Joycey Couture!
Yeehaw! Football season is here again… the first game was September 2nd, but who was counting? (I’m a fan, can you tell?)
Whether you’re planning to tailgate, get a few friends together to BBQ, or just relax and enjoy the nice weather… it’s likely there will be a few brews around. Even if you don’t to enjoy drinking a cold beer, a Bionic Beauty can reap the benefits of football season!
Next time you have a spare beer around try this all-natural hair rinse. The beer, in combination with the other ingredients, infuses your hair with B vitamins; plus the proteins found in malt and hops are said to repair damaged hair and boost volume. The sugars in beer (both maltose and sucrose) help close your hair’s cuticle creating a sleeker look with less frizz and more shine!
Here’s the recipe to make your own nourishing Beer Hair Rinse…
- 1 ounce distilled or clean catch rain water
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 7 drops lemon essential oil (you can substitute another citrus oil if you prefer)
- 1 ounce beer (stale beer works just fine!)
- 5 drops rosemary essential oil (please do not use if you are pregnant)
- 5 drops calendula essential oil (optional, but recommended for blondes to help clarify and condition your lighter hair)
Mix all the ingredients together and use as a final rinse after you shampoo and condition. Then rinse with plain water and rinse again. And don’t forget to recycle that bottle or can, of course.
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t sold on the idea that I would notice a difference in my hair. But after thorough testing, I must say this homemade recipe made my hair look shinier and feel much, much thicker than my everyday straight blonde mane.
Why not give it a swig, I mean… whirl.