Welcome to another installment of Bionic Beauty Homemade with Joycey Couture!
Want that “just stepped off the beach” wavy, piece-y hair look, even if the closest body of water is a tiny lake? Piece of cake!
The Bee-you-tee-full Ingredients:
- 8 ounce of distilled or filtered water,
- A clean spray bottle. You can find a cheap one at your local grocery store, just make sure that it can hold at least 8 to 10 ounces,
- 1 teaspoon of finely ground Sea Salt, per 8 ounces of water (add a touch more sea salt to your mixture if you have oily hair – it’ll help absorb some of your extra moisture),
- ½ teaspoon of scented conditioner, more for dryer hair.
- A dab of unscented hair gel. Opt for a gel that is not too thick or they won’t mix easily.
- Dump them all into your misting bottle, shake and spritz.
Want to add a little something extra?
Choose an yummy essential oil to add!
- Ylang ylang will soothe senses and sensitive scalp skin,
- Rosemary to deepen the color of brunette hair or,
- Chamomile to brighten blondes (squeeze a bit of the concentrated tea or leaves into your spray)
- Coconut, vanilla, or something fruity- whatever scent you adore!
- Add a bit of tea tree oil if you have a sensitive and oily scalp.
- A squeeze of lemon or lime juice are other good options – they provide citrusy scents and extra hold.
Mix the ingredients and give your spray a shake. In fact, make sure to shake your beachy-wave spray before each use. When mixing- if the hair gel and/or conditioner don’t combine well, just warm the mixture slightly in a microwave. Let it cool and spray it on!
Now, who’s up for some Beach Blanket Bingo?