Welcome to another installment of Bionic Beauty Homemade with Joycey Couture!
It’s Summertime – shorts and sandals are a must! Treat your body and feet to a homemade scrub with this simple recipe.
The Ingredients… which you probably already have around the house!
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil, or any lotion, cream, or body butter
- Optional: Add 2-3 drops of Tea Tree Oil to reduce inflammation, clear eczema, enhance moisture retention, and to soothe and clear the skin
Mix It Up and Use It Up…
- Mix the sugar and lotion/oil/cream in a bowl.
- Use the scrub in the shower, or after. Just be very careful while in the shower or on smooth floors since the oil/lotion/cream can make your feet VERY slippery!!!
- For your feet: Encourage exfoliation by rubbing the mixture into each foot for a few minutes. Continue to massage your feet for a few minutes longer to break up tension and soreness.
- For your body: Apply the scrub first on your extremities – hands, feet – and work towards the core of your body – up the legs and arms. Scrubbing towards your heart and core is thought to help increase circulation and assist the body in clearing toxins.
- Rinse with warm water, PAT dry, and you are done!
Don’t miss Bionic’s previous recipe on making your own Jojoba Foot Scrub!