This look arose from me just wanting to have a little fun with some eyeshadow colors I had laying around. Since I had done a light purple natural look recently, I thought I would pump this version up a bit.
The makeup I used:
- Revlon’s Creme shadow quad in Not Just Nudes
- Milani’s Runway Eyes palette in Couture in Purples
- Ferro Cosmetics’ Rose Crystal Mineral Veil
I started by priming my eyelid with the peachy glimmer cream shadow (from Revlon’s Not Just Nudes quad). I applied this cream shadow across my entire lid and up past the crease.
Then (reference the photo below for numbers) I placed:
1. Ferro’s Rose Crystal Mineral Veil as a highlighter across my browbone. This product is meant for your face and all-over color and it really performs as an eye highlighter.
2. I applied the second to lightest shade (second from top) of Milani’s Runway Eyes palette on my entire eyelid.
3. In the outer corner of my eye, I applied the middle purple shade (the broken strip in my palette) from Milani, with a soft and small shadow brush. Try to be precise in the corner. If you have extra shadow on your brush, sweep it across the crease of your eye for a little depth.
-Blend, baby, blend-
4. To line your eye, use the darkest (bottom) purple shade from Milani and a liner brush. Line along your upper lash line and ‘press’ the shadow into your skin slightly (this helps it adhere and not fall out). I lined my bottom lash line as well, but this step is optional.
-Finish with a coat of your favorite mascara.-
Where I placed each color:
The final creation:
Do you wear purple eyeshadows on occasion?