Ok, so it all can’t be fluffy bunnies and blue ribbons… and in keeping with that mindset, I’ve created my personal “Worst of 2008″ list. The links in the list point to my reviews or responses regarding said items. Enjoy!
- Maybelline’s SuperStay lipgloss and lipsticks
- Boots No. 7 Volumizing mascara
- The E.l.f. and Nordstrom’s rumor that Nordies was selling makeup for $1 and they had bought e.l.f. Ugh. If I ever see this in my email box again, it will be too soon.
- Garnier Nutrioniste’s roller ball eye-depuffer gadget. Granted, I haven’t reviewed this, but it’s overpriced and just such a weird gadget… can it possibly work???
- OPI’s You Don’t Know Jacques nail polish. This is probably the one I will get the most flack over. I know soooo many people love this polish, but I couldn’t even swatch it. I put it on and it looked like dirt on my nails. Definitely not a winner for my skin tone.
- Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask. The mask may work, but it’s the marketing and labeling that leave me cold. You can’t possibly have liquid O2 in a non-pressurized chamber. Grrr.
- The NY Times “lovely” feature article on beauty bloggers. Ugh, what a nightmare. They seriously need a fact-checker. I *know* that I’m not getting flown to Paris for trips!
- Sally Hansen’s Lip Inflation glosses.
You certainly don’t have to agree with me, since we all should have our own “icks” from the past year. But I’d LOVE to hear your worst of lists. Please indulge me and share!!