I know black lipstick isn’t for everyone, but if you are interested in trying out the trend… here are some tips and looks to play around with. And you don’t have to be a Film Noir star or a goth chick to pull them off!
Face – Purely Cosmetics mineral makeup in California Blonde mixed with PRIIA Cosmetic’s Complexion Enhancer in Angelic (basically my normal makeup). Topped with Purely Cosmetics’ Diamond Perfect Finish powder (I love, love, love this product!).
Cheeks – Light rose pink blush (Koh Gen Do in Coral Pink) topped with silver dust GlitterAll in Snow by Shiny Mama.
Lids – Silver eyeliner by PencilMeInCosmetics.com, smudged out a bit, topped with Clinique’s Long Last lipgloss in Clearly Pink.
Lashes – Clinique’s new High Lengths mascara in black on top lashes (Full review soon, but in short it’s okay. Not as wonderful as Blinc, but average), silver/black glitter mascara (found on clearance at my local Sally Beauty store!) on bottom lashes.
And now, onto the makeup looks!
Trying out the Black Lip trend in real life!
The Full-On Drama Lips – Prescriptives Longwear Kohl eyeliner in black (but any longwear or waterproof black eyeliner would work fine!), Purely Cosmetics’ Diamond powder dabbed on very lightly to set the liner. Topped with Lancome’s Piha Black lipgloss (here’s a link to my previous article with loads of tips and looks using Piha Black lipgloss).
Today is a two-fer… part makeup look, and part product review. Using some new makeup products (at least new to me), I created a simple, and perfect-for-everyday glamorous makeup look.
Glamorous makeup works for daytime too!
For the makeup look, I used…
- Tarte’s ReCreate Natural Anti-Aging Foundation with SPF 15 – All across my face
- Purely Cosmetics mineral makeup foundation in California Blonde (In case you missed them, you can read all my previous makeup looks and reviews of Purely Cosmetics.) – The Tarte makeup didn’t provide much coverage and it was overly “dewey” so I dusted my PC minerals over my nose, forehead and cheeks.
- Three Custom Color Opaline Creme Eye Definer in Aurora (applied with a taklon “liner” brush from Michael’s craft store, ~$2) – I lined my upper lash line with this deep navy cream eyeliner.
- Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara in Black – One coat on top and bottom lashes.
- Bourjois Brilliant Effet 3D Maximize lip gloss in Cassis – Great pink-red combo for a classic, everyday look.
The makeup I used to create this look... full reviews are below.
And now for the reviews…
I was feeling a bit shimmery today, so I created an equally appropriate shimmery eye look. Of course, I had to work in my favorite green eyeshadow – Milani’s Clover.
Green & Gold eye makeup look
To create this look I used….
- Flirt Cosmetics’ Lash-a-delic mascara in Boogie Brown (not my favorite mascara, but it is one of my few “true” browns)
- L’Oreal HiP cream paint eye shadow in Steely
- Milani eye shadow in Clover (check your local Walgreens and CVS)
- Anastasia Eye Lights pencil in Lace Shimmer
Milani's Clover, HiP paint in Steely, Flirt mascara and Anastasia shimmer pencil
Anastasia Beverly Hills has a full selection of eyebrow products, but I kept my shopping limited to the see through brow stencils.
Bionic Bronnie reviews Anastasia brow stencils
The stencils come with three different arch templates- high, medium, and petite.
Once I found the template I like best, it’s easy to line up the guidelines printed on the stencil. Simply fill in the area with eyebrow color, then remove the stencil to reveal your beautiful arch. From there, it’s a snap to tweeze the surrounding hairs so your brows are perfect, and consistent, every time.
And here’s an exclusive tip-
Inspired by my love of Old Hollywood, I decided to create a makeup look, suitable for everyday or Halloween, based on the lovely actress, Louise Brooks.
Read on for my version of the look, more photos, and a tutorial on the products…