Here are this week’s beauty and cosmetics sales from your local Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid drugstores.
- Scünci Hair Accessories – Buy 1 Get 1 FREE!
- Organix Shampoo or Conditioner (13 oz.), FX Styling Products (2 to 8 oz.), Salon Grafix
- Hair Spray (10 oz.) hair care products – Buy 1 Get 1 FREE!
- Revlon Foundation, Concealer, Powder, Blush, Lip or Nail Cosmetics and makeup – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off
- L’Oréal Foundation, Concealer, Powder, Blush, Skincare or Sublime Bronze – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off; plus look for additional coupons in your Sunday newspaper.
- Degree or Dove Antiperspirant/Deodorant or Body Mist, Caress Body Wash, Dove Body Wash (12 or 13.5 oz.) or Active
- Clean Shower Tool – On sale, get 2 for $7
- Q-Tips (285 or 500 pack), Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion, Dove Hair Care products, Suave Shampoo or Conditioner, 2-pack Caress or Dove Bar Soap – On sale for $2.99
- Vaseline Intensive Care or Sheer Infusion Lotion, Dove Body Lotion, Pond’s face Cream or 30 pack Towelettes, Degree or Dove Clinical Antiperspirant/Deodorant, 6 or 8-pack Caress, Dove or Lever 2000 Bar Soap, and Dove body wash – On sale for $5.99
- Olay Quench Body Lotion, or Olay Trio Kits – On sale for 20% of
- Aussie, Head & Shouders, Herbal Essences or Pantene Shampoo or Conditioner – On sale for $5.99
- Natural Instincts Hair Color – On sale for $5.99
- CeraVe face skin care products – On sale, save $2 off!
- Maybelline Cosmetics and makeup – Buy 1 Get 1 50% off
- Neutrogena Cosmetics – Buy 1 Get 1 50% off!
- Clean & Clear acne and facial skin care products – Buy 1 Get 1 50% off
- Banana Boat or Hawaiian Tropic Sun Care – Buy 1 Get 1 50% off
- L’Oréal Excellence, Excellence to-Go or Root Rescue Hair Color – On sale for $6.99 with in-ad coupon
- Crest 3D White Whitestrips – Save $10 off 28 and 56-packs with in-ad coupon
Remember, you’ll need a free CVS Discount card to get these prices…
First motto… “Oil is not bad”. I can’t say that enough OIL IS NOT BAD. Cosmetics companies have drilled the opposite into us for ages. If you strip all the oil away from your face, your skin will respond by producing excess oil and that leads to more clogged pores and breakouts.
And a little background on my skin issues- I have acne (which is pretty much resolved), skin allergies, hyper-sensitive skin, am very prone to clogged pores and cystic acne. I’m allergic to Glycerin, some parabens and Salicylic Acid; and Benzoyl Peroxide dries out my skin so badly that I end up red with more breakouts. Ugh.
Now on to the tips…
Use a gentle cleanser that doesn’t strip. My go-to choices are: Noxema (in the tub), a plain glycerin bar or Cetaphil. Good ole Noxema is still one of my personal favorites.
Wash gently twice a day and be sure to remove all makeup. If your teen wears heavier eye makeup- maybe use something to remove that first. Visine eye wipes work great or I mix up my own makeup remover.
In the evening, I suggest washing twice: once to get all the gunk of the day off, and then again to actually cleanse skin and pores.
Don’t scrub with a rough wash cloth or those darn “exfoliating” walnut scrubs and such. They are way too harsh on a teen’s sensitive skin. Plus those beads and scrubbies can settle into pores and actually create blackheads. Ick.
For a wash cloth, I use a microfiber cloth (I found mine at Wal-mart). I know they say “dusting cloths” but they are so very soft that you’ll realize why I picked them up for my face.
Here are this week’s cosmetics sales from your local Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid drugstores…
- All Maybelline Cosmetics and makeup: Buy 1, get 1 50% off
- Cetaphil cleansers, creams and lotions: On sale for $7.99
- Banana Boat sunblock lotion or mist: Buy 1, get 1 50% off
And from Walgreens.com, from now through July 11, get $6 off any Crest WhiteStrips purchase: Only at Walgreens.com, 7/5 thru 7/11, take $6.00 off your Crest Whitestrips purchase!
These sales end July 12th, 2009.
(remember, you’ll need a free CVS Discount card to get these prices…)
- Pantene ProV shampoos and conditioners: On sale for $3.33
- Clairol Nice ‘n Easy, Root Touch-up, or Gray Solution hair color: On sale for $5.88
- Secret Clinical Strength deodorant: $7.99 (Time to stock up, ladies!! Don’t miss my Clinical Strength deodorant battle review.)
- ALL L’Oreal lip products: Buy 1, Get 1 FREE!
- Buy a L’Oreal foundation, get a FREE Blush, Concealer or Powder!
- L’Oreal mascaras, eye shadows, or liners: Buy 1, Get 1 50% off (includes the HIP!)
- Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick: On sale for $6.29 and get a FREE Revlon nail polish!
- CVS brand makeup remover: Buy 1, Get 1 50% off
- CoverGirl Simply Ageless blush: On sale for $10
- CoverGirl Olay Simply Ageless Foundation makeup: On sale for $13
- CoverGirl Exact Eyelights shadows, liners, and mascaras: On sale for $7
- Essence of Beauty bath and body products: On sale for $3.99
- Olay ProX kits starting at $42 (I can’t really recommend these, they made me breakout like CRAZY! but some people may have good results.)
- Buy a Skin Effects product and get a FREE Skin Effects Enzyme scrub or Foaming Cleanser.
- All Biore skin care: $2 off
- Nivea for Men facial care: Buy 2, get 1 FREE!
- FX, Organix, or Vitamin shampoos or conditioners: On sale for $4.99
- Revlon ColorSilk hair color: On sale for 2 for $5
- Dove shampoos, conditioners or styling products: Buy 1, Get 1 FREE
- Nexxus: Buy $20 or more in Nexxus shampoo or conditioner and get a FREE Nexxus Styler.
- Dove or Degree deodorants: On sale for $2.29
- Axe shower gel, shampoo and conditioner: On sale for $4.99
These sales end July 11th, 2009.
- Suave shampoo or conditioner: On sale for 99 cents
- ChapStick lip balms: On sale for 99 cents
- 5 for $5 specials: Always, Carefree or Kotex liners; Q-Tips travel packs; Edge or Skintimate Shave Gel (2.75 oz); Secret deodorants; Yardley soap single packs; Pure Spring shower gel, lotion or body sprays.
- Pantene shampoo, conditioner, styling products: 2 for $7
- Sally Hansen Hard as Nails or Xtreme Wear nail polish: 99 cents after a $1 mail-in rebate.
- Revlon ColorSilk or Root Perfect hair color: 2 for $5
- L’Oreal Couleur Experte hair color: On sale for $12.99
- Finesse shampoo, conditioner, styling products: 2 for $6
- Garnier Fructis shampoo or conditioner: On sale for $4.99
- L’Oreal Lip, Nail and Eye makeup: Buy 1, Get 1 FREE!
- Revlon lip cosmetics: Buy 1, Get 1 50% off
- Jergens and Yes TO Carrots skin care: Buy 1, Get 1 50% off
- Maybelline Lip and mascara products: Buy 1, Get 1 50% off
- L’Oreal Bare Natural makeup: Buy 1, Get 1 FREE!
- Maybelline nail polish: On sale for $1.99
- Clean & Clear skin care: 2 for $9
- Neutrogena sun care, sunblocks or sunless tanners: On sale for 20% off
- All CoverGirl makeup and cosmetics: Buy 1, Get 1 50% off
These sales end July 11th, 2009.
If you have a CVS Card (they’re free to get and the discounts are actually pretty good!), there’s some super beauty sales this week. The specials I’m mentioning below are good at your local CVS store, but not online…
- L’Oreal Lip products are Buy one, Get one FREE. You can even use it for the new HIP Presso glosses! (My review is coming soon along with loads of color swatch photos.)
- Coppertone sunblocks are all on sale for $8.99.
- EZ Hair Clips (my review is coming soon!) are $9.99.
- ALL Physician’s Formula makeup is Buy 1, Get 1 for 50% off. Including the Mineral Wear line (now’s your chance to check out my favorite mascara– PF’s Mineral Wear Talc Free mascara) and the semi-eco-friendly Organic Wear line.
- The new CoverGirl Lash Blast Luxe and EyeLights mascaras: $5 each.
- Buy any L’Oreal foundation and get a free L’Oreal Powder, Concealer or Blush!
- L’Oreal EverPure Sulfate-free hair care (deep conditioners, UV Sprays, shampoos and conditioners) are on sale for $5.99. I do have to mention here, I’ve seen these at grocery stores and Walgreens for $4.99 as a regular (non-sale) price.
- L’Oreal Excellence or Excellence to-go (the new 10 minute color) hair colors are 2 for $9.98.
- L’Oreal Age Perfect Pro-Calcium, Skin Genesis, Advanced Revitalift Deep-set Wrinkle Repair, or Collagen skin care lines are $16.99 per item.
- Cetaphil face washes and lotions: get a dollar off.
- Jergen’s Natural Glow sunless tanners for body and face: on sale for $7.99. (Don’t forget to read my reviews and check out the freebies from Jergens!)
- Clairol Loving Care hair color: $3.99
- Clairol Nice & Easy, Root Touch Up, and Gray Solution hair colors are all on sale for $5.99.
Prices are good until close of business on Saturday June 6th, 2009. Happy shopping, Bionic Beauties!
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is billed as a face wash that removes makeup, does not clog pores, contains no fragrance and doesn’t disturb skin’s natural pH balance.
After trying this wash for ten days, it may be right for some folks out there. However, it dried out my skin more than usual (due to the alcohols in the contents?). The texture is nice- smooth and fluid. The scent is similar to pHisoderm which is fragrance-free as well but there is a slight “scent” there. Cetaphil did receive Allure’s Best of Beauty Hall of Fame award.
Value is terrific- an 8oz container of Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser can last you up to 6 months and costs $10.54 at Drugstore.com.
I’d suggest you wash once with Cetaphil to remove the makeup and gunk on your face, then again to actual clean the skin and pores. I found this wash works very well with a wash cloth a couple times a week to gently exfoliate skin.
This wash is truly MUCH easier on your skin than the heavily scented, beaded washes commonly found on drugstore shelves. Just be sure to continue your normal skin care routine (whether it’s toner, serum, sunscreen and/or lotions).
Before you commit to an entire jug, I would ask your drugstore if they have any samples for you to try. Then you can decide for yourself if this wash is for you.