I recently got a few of the Milani Runway Eyes Wet/Dry eye shadows from CVS and absolutely adore them. They can be applied as a soft wash or deep color. In the package it looks much too glittery for day wear, but once you rub the top layer off, it’s not nearly as shimmery! I highly recommend these shadows (and you can’t beat the price).
I grabbed a few of my other favorite cosmetics and created a makeup look around Milani’s Blue Lagoon.
Blue Lagoon makeup look by Bionic Beauty
The makeup I used:
I decided it was high-time I checked out eye shadow primers. Being the budget-minded gal I am, I hopped over to my local drugstore to grab L’Oreal’s De-Crease Eye Shadow Base.
First up, I wanted to try a swatch test before I actually went crazy creating eye makeup looks. The photo below shows seven eyeshadows of various brands, colors, and finishes. The top row is on my arm bare (no primer) and the bottom row is applied over De-Crease.
While the eye’s of makeup junkies everywhere are focused on MAC’s latest “Naughty Nauticals” collection, this bargain shopper has found an alternative to give your peepers the summer look. Pencil Me In’s eyeliner in Indigo is a real winner. The slate blue eyeliner has a bit of shimmer to open your eyes and deflect light. It applies incredibly smooth and even comes with it’s own sharpener in the cap! The pigment is rich and saturated.
I’ve used this blue to line my entire eye (top and bottom), just the top and even blended it out for a smoky blue haze look. No irritation and it sets quickly and wears through the day.
The best part? This eyeliner will only set you back $6.99 (available at PencilMeInCosmetics.com) and is available in 30 (yes, thirty!) colors. MAC’s is$14.99. Excellent!
This look is based off my daily makeup look, which I keep pretty low key. It’s your basic natural makeup application. I like to play up my eyes a bit, keep my skin breathing with a slight glow.
- Started off with NARS Makeup Primer (as a bonus it has SPF 20) across my face and neck.
- I used Ferro’s mineral makeup Radiance Foundation (my color: Light-Medium Beige) on any places I need coverage- around my nose, eyelids, under eyes, chin.
- Using Ferro’s Rose Crystal Mineral Veil for shimmer, I applied it *lightly* to my cheekbones and across my entire eyelid up to the brow bone (it makes an excellent highlighter).
- For color flush on my cheeks, I used Ferro’s Bronzer in Glow Baby. Whatever was left on the brush was tapped onto my chin, nose, and across forehead.
- Since everything else is very neutral, I used Coastal Scents eyeshadow in Paisley (a light purple) on my eyelid. This shadow is a light wash of color, almost what you would imagine from a watercolor paint.
- Finish with one coat of Lancome’s Definicils mascara in Black.
Here’s the look on my eyes. See, the purple is very neutral and just brings out the eyes a little. Perfect for daytime! (And yes, I look a little crooked in this photo, oops!)
Suggested Reading: Bionic’s Review of Ferro Cosmetics, Amped Up Natural makeup look, and Rockin’ the Glow with Mineral Makeup.
Price Drop: All Samples of Mica Powders, Oxides and; Fillers are now $1.00.
Free Glitter Samples: We just received our newest cosmetic safe Glitter Powder: Sahara Sand. These new glitter powders are so beautiful that we have to show them off. So we decided to give them away for free (1 teaspoon sizes, only one per household, and you have to pay for shipping.). Simply add the glitters to your cart in order to be eligible for this offer. Shown in the photo (from left to right): Golden Fairy Dust, Purple Punch, and Sahara Sand.
Proscale LC-300: $5.00 OFF Coupon: If you are serious about makeup formulating, a scale is a must have. Now is the time to buy yours. Until Sunday February 24, 2008, you can get the LC-300 Scale for as low as $14.95! Use the coupon code MYSCALE at checkout time.