My local CVS finally got the “new” nail center setup! I know these stations have been in larger city stores for quite a few months, but those of us in smaller towns have been patiently waiting.
Anyhow, after chatting with the manager (I’m in this store pretty much everyday so they know me), I snapped some photos for all the Bionic Beauties who haven’t witnessed these little nail islands of wonder!
Some of the brands displayed are: Cover Girl, Revlon, Nicole by OPI, Sally Hansen, L’Oreal, Kiss, Essie, Sensationail, Maybelline and Seche.
Does your local CVS store have the new nail center display?
Bunny ears and marshmallow Peeps,
Regardless of how you’ll be celebrating (or not-celebrating) Valentine’s Day, women everywhere seem to go on the quest for the ultimate red lipstick.
To help you wade through the masses, I’ve come up with a Bionic Red Lipcolor Roundup that has a little something for everyone…
elf's Cherry Bomb lip gloss
For the budget-conscious, and just a twinge of redness- e.l.f. cosmetic’s $1 Candy Shop lip gloss in Cherry Bomb.
L'Oreal Colour Juice lip stick in Cherry Freeze
Love haunting the drugstore beauty aisles? L’Oreal Colour Juice Stick in Cherry Freeze is a cool-toned red that can go on super sheer, or be layered for a much deeper red.
Here are this week’s beauty and cosmetics sales from your local Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid drugstores. Due to the 4th of July holiday it seems that the sales are pretty limited this weekend, but you can still find some good buys.
- Sinful Colors nail polish – On sale for 99 cents with in-ad coupon!! (Limit 3) I adore these nail polishes – they are a great way to expand your color collection and they actually wear pretty well!
- Dove or Degree antiperspirant or deodorant – On sale for $1.99 with in-ad coupon. Excludes Ultimate, Absolute Protection, Adrenaline, Fine Fragrance and body mists.
- VO5 shampoo or conditioner – On sale for 69 cents with in-ad coupon.
Remember, you’ll need a free CVS Discount card to get these prices…
Here are this week’s beauty and cosmetics sales from your local Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid drugstores…
- Kiss or Broadway artificial nail kits – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Almay Cosmetics and makeup – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Buy 1 of the following Alpha Hydrox products: eye & lip cream, moisturizer, souffle cream, enhance cream, or lotion – Get a FREE Alpha Hydrox foaming face wash
- Axe men’s shampoo, conditioner or styling products – On sale for $4.99 each
- RoC Skincare (excludes Brilliance line) – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Olay Definity or Total Effects facial moisturizers – On sale for $19.99
- Olay Definity or Total Effects cleansers or starter trio – On sale for 20% off!
- Jergens 8-pack of bar soap – On sale for $1.99 with in-ad coupon
- Biore Skincare products – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Revlon Designer Series shine boosting hair straightener (flat iron), dryer, Ion Pro stylist or Ionic dryer, SmoothStay straightener; or Vidal Sassoon Nano straightener – On sale for $17.99
- John Frieda hair care, shampoo, conditioner, styling products – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Pantene Customized Solutions hair care – On sale, get 2 for $7; plus get $2 in Register Rewards (RR)
- Infusium 23 hair care products – Save $2 with in-store coupon
- L’Oreal Feria hair color – On sale for $6.99 with in-ad coupon
- Garnier Nutrisse or 100% Color hair color – On sale for $5.99 with in-ad coupon
- Mitchum or Lady Mitchum antiperspirant/deodorant – On sale for $1.99 with in-ad coupon
- All Revlon Cosmetics, L’Oreal Cosmetics or Skincare, Maybelline makeup – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Neutrogena Sunblocks – Get $2 with in-ad coupon
I thought it would be fun this week to take a little trip down Memory Lane…
This week’s Bionic Asks… How old were you when you started wearing makeup? And when did you actually become more interested in makeup, skincare and the like?
I’ll kick things off-
I started wearing makeup in my Freshman year of high school. Back then it was mostly a bit of CoverGirl’s Clear Complexion powder (the kind that smelled like, and contained, Noxema ingredients) and CoverGirl’s concealer in a lipgloss-wand-type tube. I was prone to acne, so concealer dotted on top was a must for me. My eyes usually just had CoverGirl mascara on my lashes; and I would occasionally wear some brown Revlon eyeshadow, or Wet n’ Wild’s black eyeliner pencil. I didn’t do much experimenting back then. Can you tell I was a CoverGirl fangirl? My mom was, and still is, a Clinique fan. She would usually give me some of the stuff from her Clinique Bonus Time bags. That was always an exciting time of the year for me, but I still kept things minimal. My mom tried and tried to get me to wear more eye makeup. She succeeded for one of my Proms, but before the night was through, I ended up using Qtips to wipe most of it off; I just didn’t feel like me.