While some of these free samples were found quite awhile ago in Bionic-land, they’re still open today. If you’ve already requested them, you won’t be able to get another.
But if you’re new to Bionic Beauty…. you might have missed these gems!
- Everyday Minerals mineral makeup sample kits: These samples are generously sized- they lasted me for months and I still have a TON of the blush left. Anyhow, you *do* have to pay about $4 in shipping & handling. Pick 3 colors of foundation and finishes, plus 1 concealer, plus 1 blush.
- Sarah Jessica Parker Lovely fragrances: Visit Sarah Jessica Parker’s perfume website and click on the Request a Sample link. http://bionic-beauty.com/freebies-lipgloss-fragrance-makeup/
- Dove Heat Defense Therapy or Intense Damage Therapy hair care: Chose which line you’d like to sample for your personal hair’s needs.
- Signature Minerals mineral makeup free sample kits: You can choose six (6) different items. You can pick from Foundation makeup, Concealer/Correctors, Mineral Blushes and Bronzers, Eye Shadows (available in pearl, shimmer, matte and metallic finishes!), and Finishing Veils. Crazy, right? The only catch is you’ll have to pay $5.35 for shipping. Still, that’s a small price to pay for SO much makeup!
- Freebies of the new L’Oreal EverPure shampoo and conditioner: This new drugstore line of hair care products is now one of my absolute favorites. It’s Sulfate-free, gentle and smells delicious. Being sulfate free means it doesn’t strip color from my hair. The added herbals also help with body, moisturizing and overall hair health. If you ladies haven’t tried this line yet, get on it. You’ll give up your high-end hair care… or, at least I did.
- Pantene ProV shampoo and conditioner: Awhile back, Pantene and Walmart paired up to offer free samples under the marketing campaign slogan “The Secret to Great Hair”. You can still benefit by requesting your sample.
- Gloves in a Bottle lotion: I reviewed this shielding lotion some time ago (here’s my GiaB review). It’s a great lotion to prevent moisture loss, or I use it on my hands before applying sunless tanner (keeps my palms from turning orange), or around my hair line when coloring my hair. You can get 3 free sample packets by sending GiaB a SASE.
- Eucerin Aquaphor lotion: Get a free sample size of Aquaphor’s famous Healing Ointment. Perfect for throwing in your purse!
Inspired by my love of Old Hollywood, I decided to create a makeup look, suitable for everyday or Halloween, based on the lovely actress, Louise Brooks.
Read on for my version of the look, more photos, and a tutorial on the products…
The Finalists for the Everyday Minerals (EM) Contest have been announced and voting has begun. Visit this EM page to view the finalists. And… I’m proud to say, that I made the finalist cut (my look is “Rockin’ the Glow” shown on a previous Bionic Beauty post)!
If you would like to vote for your three favorite looks register for their forum (really simple process and no spam), then go to the Contest and Polls topic to cast your vote.
Voting ends December 10th.
Oh, and yes, I’d appreciate your vote if you like my look and application techniques. 😉
For the mineral makeup fans out there, Everyday Minerals has launched two new lines!
The first, a line of lovely lip glosses. The glosses are currently available in 8 shades and sell for only $3.50, making these a great holiday gift idea.
The second, a line of skincare and bath products. You can select from the following all-natural soaps:
- Bergamot, Clary Sage, Niaouli
- Grapefruit Lime Peppermint
- Rosemary, Basil, Lemongrass
The soaps sell for $3.50 a bar.
Also available is a line of body creams/lotions in varieties such as Coffee, Chamomile, Green Tea, Horsetail, and Lavender. The lotions (called Everyday Everywear) are available for $4.
This was my entry into the Everyday Minerals contest. I decided to share it with everyone since I found some creative ways to use the mineral makeup (I used my mineral blush for my lips!). Let me know your thoughts.
This is a super easy, very natural makeup application. It basically highlights your skin, yet keeps it showing through and allows your eyes to pop just a bit. This look would be perfect for a casual evening out, or a day at the office!
Makeup Application Process for My Look: “Rockin’ the Glow”
- I primed my face with a light application of moisturizer to ensure even application of the mineral makeup. Then I mixed a pinch of Light Olive Original Glo with Light Neutral Semi-Matte and applied with a baby Kabuki brush across the entire face and blended down under the jawline. Concealer in Intensive Medium was applied with a synthetic brush under both eyes, the inner corner of eyes and blended. The same concealer was then applied across the upper lip (due to my Melasma).
- Swept entire face with a large Kabuki brush to blend everything out.
- Blush in Sunday Brunch was lightly applied to the apples of cheeks and blended out in a circular motion.
- Using Chamomile eyeshadow, a light sweep was placed on the bridge of the nose and blended out.
- For the eyes, Countryside eyeshadow was applied to my lids and swept up into the crease. Brow bone and inner corner of eyes were highlighted with Chamomile shadow.
- With a small natural bristle liner brush, eyeshadow/liner in Black was applied dry to the upper lash line and remnants on the brush were swept under the lower lashes for a slightly smoky look.
- Lashes were coated with Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear Mascara in Blackest Black.
- Lips received a light coat of Burt’s Bees lip balm and then Sunday Brunch blush was applied over top and moved around the entire lip with a lip brush. A teeny dusting of Veranda face color was used as frosting for the lips.
You can order Everyday Minerals from their website and don’t forget about their free sample kit (you just pay shipping and handling- great way to figure out your colors!).
If you like this post, please read the follow-up article: Finalists in the Everyday Minerals Contest Announced!
Are you make-up challenged? With a few of theses great products from Benefit Cosmetics you will look your best all the time.