Lancome’s Spring 2009 collection, Pink Irreverence, featured some gorgeous pink, magenta and other rosey shades. But the star in my mind was the Piha Black lipgloss.
Even though so many of my friends and family looked at me like I was nuts for wanting a black lipgloss, I searched high and low. Every store in my area was sold out. Finally Mo, from Mythbuster Beauty (Side note… Mo, I love you!!), shipped me a mysterious package. Squeals of delite erupted through our house for the next few hours (yep, I admit, I squealed).
And since some ladies still doubt it’s wearability, I’m here with a collection of photos showing off cool ways to wear Lancome’s Piha Black gloss without looking like a goth-princess…
I’m a day late in posting this… my weekend got a little busy. The Bionic-sister was in town and we did some gardening, movie watching and nail painting. I, of course, sent her home with a ton of shampoos, lotions, and other “essentials”.
I was also at the Washington Nationals Spring Training game this week! Lots of fun in the sun… but I was covered head to toe in zinc sunblock. Gotta protect my paleness. 😉 What did you do over the weekend?
My favorite articles from this week:
Kelley from the Mineral Makeup Coach blog (and founder of PRIIA Cosmetics) wrote an amazing article: “Teens, Dairy Products and Acne- Is there a connection?” While it says teens, the information contained in the article is handy for anyone who suffers from occasional or regular breakouts.
Sarah is a lucky duck. She has this store called Bath Junkie close to here where they let you mix your own fragrances for your bath products, make it your own color (everything can match your tile now! tee hee!) and then the store employees add the necessary ingredients for what you chose. So everything’s pretty, scented and super fresh. Darn it… I want one!
Jen from Mythbuster Beauty was featured on We Heart This. Congrats Jen! Be sure to read the interview with her… even I learned some new tips, and facts about Jen.
Decorative Diva did a super cool manicure and pedicure over the weekend. Love the colors! I’ll be trying something similar on my hands this week.
Very special sales worth noting…
- Loose Lips NY is holding a March Madness special (see, it’s a sports theme this weekend on Bionic Beauty!) use code marchmad20 for 20% all orders the month of March.
- $2 shipping at e.l.f. Cosmetics with coupon code SHIPTWO (on orders of $20 or more). Woo hoo!
- Eeek! My favorite mineral makeup line, Purely Cosmetics has their foundations on sale ($18 instead of the normal $22)! And… there’s a very cool flat-top synthetic Kabuki brush which is $20 ($5 off) and perfect for all of us moving to synthetic or taklon brushes. Ok, ladies, I’m off to stock up on my California Blonde foundation!
Did any articles catch your eye this week? Special quotes or songs or photos that inspired you? Share your loves in the comments!
People everywhere are gearing up for the holiday season. And you know me… I’m all about the frugal finds and shopping fun. With this season being more important than ever for families to save a few bucks but still enjoy the season, I’ve gathered up a large list of discounts. If you do your shopping at the appropriate times, you can actually save quite a bit of money!
Check out the deals from some of my favorite brands…
- Cyber Monday (December 1, 2008) – Free shipping on all orders, no minimum, and applies for both US & International orders! Redemption code: cybermonday. (Check out my review of Purely Cosmetics if you missed it. I would highly recommend the PC foundation, eyeshadows & the Black Cherry gel eyeliner.).
- Holiday Sale – Storewide 40% off of all orders of $25.00 or more. And a free gift choice our your choice (Choose between the Holiday Gloss trio or the Holiday eye shadow trio)!! Runs from Wednesday (November 26) through Monday (December 1). Use code Holiday at checkout. My suggestions: Spell’s Body Gloss (review here) and their amazing loose pigment eye shadows (my look).
- Get 75% off on elf cosmetics bags! Limit 10 bags. Not valid on holiday bag collection. Use the code 75OFF
- Get 50% off all bath & body elf products. Use the code HOLIDAYBATH at checkout.
- These offers expire pretty quickly, so be sure to shop on Cyber Monday or before.
Three Custom Color
- A gift for you just in time for the holidays: Free domestic ground shipping – for all orders placed between December 7-13, 2008.
- Use code thankship for free shipping on all orders over $25 through December 5, 2008.
- Free sitewide shipping for 2 days only on any order! Get FREE US Standard Shipping on any order. Enter promo code GOBBLE08 at checkout. Offer expires 11/26/08 at 11:59pm. Not valid with any other offers.
- Free standard shipping and get a 1oz Take the Day Off makeup remover with purchase. Enter code REASONS at checkout. Offer valid until 11:59 PM (EST) Monday, December 1, 2008.
- One day CyberMonday Sale. All products will be an additional 10% off their regular discounted price! Free shipping will be available for all orders over $100. No special code needed. Since Beauty Vice is already discount 20 to 40 percent lower than retail, you can see some pretty cool savings.
- Our friends at Mario Badescu have created a special holiday discount code exclusively for beauty blog readers! The offer is good for 15% off online purchases between December 1st and December 15th, 2008 with the discount code BEAUTYBLOG.
I know I’ll be staying home and away from the crowds on Friday.
Do you ladies plan to shop on Cyber Monday and/or Black Friday? And if you hear of more sales and discounts, please share them with your other Bionic Beauties in the comments below!
Long wearing eyeshadows can sometimes be a joke. I’ve found that those who claim “water-proof” and “sweat resistant” are cakey and clumpy, or the color is just blah. And most cream-based shadows melt in the Florida humidity.
Not so with Loose Lips NY’s Indelible Cream eyeshadows. I may sound like a commercial here, but hey… this eyeshadow even successfully made it through a day of gardening and a dunk in the pool!
I’m wearing the new Fall 2008 shade, Plumkin in the photo above. Plumkin is a deep purple with very slight silver shimmer. It’s easy to apply and blend and it sets quickly. Plus it washes off easily with makeup remover or a little face wash and water. I LOVE the high pigmentation of this shadow- that’s just one small dip of my brush in the picture above.
I recommend applying any cream shadow with a Taklon brush- those are typically the ones that have the smooth “blonde” bristles. They seem to work best for any cream type product (including concealer, foundation, etc).
Available in 5 shades from Loose Lips NY. One pot of shadow runs $16 but it will last you over a year with daily application. Just be sure to keep your brushes clean!
Fate. “That which is inevitably predetermined; destiny.”
Well, I’m not sure if destiny had a role in me trying the newest lip gloss from Loose Lips NY’s fall 2008 line up, but I am certainly glad I did. The Lumi-Shine gloss in Fate is simply fabulous!
Fate is a bronzed peach shade with fine gold mica shimmers. Packed in a petrolatum base, it’s super glossy, super smooth and incredibly sparkly. This is THE perfect gloss for night’s on the town, dancing, and evening holiday parties. The shimmer really plays up your lips. And the formula, in my opinion, is just as nice and very comparable to my fave Bobbi Brown lip glosses, but for less money.
The Lumi-Shine glosses are available at Loose Lips NY for $15 for a 6gram tube. They come in 9 colors, and I highly recommend Fate!