Here are this week’s cosmetics sales from your local Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid drugstores…
There are some sales this week that shouldn’t be missed! CVS has Milani, L’Oreal and Revlon makeup on BOGO half off; and if you have a Rite Aid close by, you’re a lucky duck this week- LOTS of buy one, get one free items!
- L’Oreal cosmetics, makeup, skin care, and Sublime Bronze sunless tanners – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off!
- Neutrogena cosmetics, makeup, skin care, sun care – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off!
- Revlon ColorSilk hair color – On sale for $1.99 with in-flier coupon!
- Revlon foundation, concealer, powder, blush, and eye makeup – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off!
- Smooth Away hair removal “scrubby pads” – Buy 1, get 1 free! You’ve probably seen these advertised on TV. I picked up a set at Sally Beauty recently and honestly cannot see what the fuss is about. It took forever and dried my skin out. Full review to come, but in short- don’t waste your money.
- RoC skincare – On sale for $5
- RoC Skin Perfecting skin care system – On sale for $10
- Purchase an Olay Age Defying or Complete Skincare set – Get a FREE Olay Complete Ageless Cleanser!
- Eucerin skin care – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off!
- Walgreens brand Regenerating Skincare face cleanser, serum, or cream – On sale for 25% off!
- Clearasil Skincare products – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off!
- Suave shampoo or conditioner including Professional, Men’s and Kid’s lines – On sale for $3
- Got2b hair styling products – Buy 1, Get 1 FREE!
- Rogaine 3 pack – On sale for $10 off!
- Select Conair hair appliances and styling tools – On sale for $17.99
- Renpure Organics shampoo and conditioner – On sale for $4.99
- L’Oreal Excellence To-Go hair color – On sale for $5.99 with in-flier coupon
- Mane n’ Tail shampoo and conditioner – Buy 1, Get 1 FREE! (Perfect timing since this weekend is the Kentucky Derby!)
- L’Oreal EverPure and EverStrong shampoo or conditioner – On sale for $5.99 with in-filer coupon
- Colgate dental care, toothpaste, MaxFresh or MaxWhite toothbrushes – On sale for $1.99 with in-flier coupon
- Sinful Colors nail polish – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off!
- Mother’s Day fragrance gift sets including Celine Dion’s Sensational, Faith Hill, Halle Berry, or Jovan perfumes – On sale for $9.99 after in-store coupon
- CoverGirl foundation, concealer, powder, blush or lip color makeup – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off!
- CoverGirl Blast eye cosmetics – On sale for $7.99; plus get an extra $3 in Register Rewards (RR)
- Irish Spring or SoftSoap body wash – On sale for $2.99
- Chantilly fragrance – Buy 1, Get 1 FREE!
- Johnson’s skincare Softlotion, or Softwash – Buy 1, Get 1 50% off!
- Lady Speed Stick deodorant – Only $1.99 with in-flier coupon
- Dove or Degree deodorant – On sale for $2.49 with in-filer coupon
First motto… “Oil is not bad”. I can’t say that enough OIL IS NOT BAD. Cosmetics companies have drilled the opposite into us for ages. If you strip all the oil away from your face, your skin will respond by producing excess oil and that leads to more clogged pores and breakouts.
And a little background on my skin issues- I have acne (which is pretty much resolved), skin allergies, hyper-sensitive skin, am very prone to clogged pores and cystic acne. I’m allergic to Glycerin, some parabens and Salicylic Acid; and Benzoyl Peroxide dries out my skin so badly that I end up red with more breakouts. Ugh.
Now on to the tips…
Use a gentle cleanser that doesn’t strip. My go-to choices are: Noxema (in the tub), a plain glycerin bar or Cetaphil. Good ole Noxema is still one of my personal favorites.
Wash gently twice a day and be sure to remove all makeup. If your teen wears heavier eye makeup- maybe use something to remove that first. Visine eye wipes work great or I mix up my own makeup remover.
In the evening, I suggest washing twice: once to get all the gunk of the day off, and then again to actually cleanse skin and pores.
Don’t scrub with a rough wash cloth or those darn “exfoliating” walnut scrubs and such. They are way too harsh on a teen’s sensitive skin. Plus those beads and scrubbies can settle into pores and actually create blackheads. Ick.
For a wash cloth, I use a microfiber cloth (I found mine at Wal-mart). I know they say “dusting cloths” but they are so very soft that you’ll realize why I picked them up for my face.
Total Beauty recently published a collection of “8 Classic Beauty Products You Still Worship”. Some of my favorites are on the list including Noxema face wash.
Two that wouldn’t have made my list are Vaseline- it’s fallen off my radar. I used to slather my feet with Vaseline until I heard about the possible skin darkening properties. And Chanel No. 5 just isn’t the right fragrance for me. I have two small bottles and just never wear it… plus it’s so dang expensive!!
If I made the list I’d have to include
Here are this week’s cosmetics sales from your local Walgreens and CVS drugstores…
- Maybelline Face or Eye cosmetics: Buy 1, Get 1 FREE!
- Axe hair or body care products: Buy 1, Get 1 at half off
- L’Oreal HIP makeup, Bare Naturale makeup or nail polish: Buy 1, Get 1 FREE!
- L’Oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara (it’s new!): on sale for $5.99
- 15% off skin care gadgets like Clean and Clear Blackhead Eraser (or refill), Neutrogena Wave, and Neutrogena Healthy Skin Rejuvenator system.
- Select John Frieda hair care products (including the new Root Awakening line!): 3 for $15
Shower stalls have all sorts of shelves, hanging ability, nooks and crannies to stow body care goodies.
Shampoos, conditioners, body washes, soap bars… oh my!
Wanna peak in Bionic’s shower? Here’s my stash…
- Dove Cream Oil Body Wash (very moisturizing shower gel which I use in the winter to prevent dry skin. Get a free sample from Dove!)
- International Orange “Cleanse” body wash (yummy! my review)
- Body poufs for all over exfoliation
- Body brush for skin brushing and scrubbing my back
- Jojoba shampoo bar by Herbaria Soaps (Y’all know I seriously heart Herbaria. I use it for my body, face and occasionally my hair. I love the soft bubbles and that it’s all-natural, baby!)
- Y-Y Ocean: Exfoliating body scrub (this is an amazing body polish. I use it when I’m going to wear a dress, sleeveless shirt, or a swimsuit. Smooth skin instantly!)
- Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut shampoo and conditioner (great scent for a winter pick-me-up! Did you read my shampoo classified ad?)
- AG Hair Cosmetics Colour Savour shampoo and conditioner (it’s sulfate free & gentle so perfect for my colored hair. Read my previous review. )
- Davine’s Alchemic shampoo and conditioner for brown hair (nicely moisturizing and natural. It’s great to help make my color last longer! But be careful cause it’s packed in glass bottles…here’s my review.)
- ER Fusion reconstructing hair treatment by White Sands (I use this at least once a week for a deep conditioning treatment. It works fab!)
- Noxema face wash
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash cream cleanser
- Venus Vibrance razor in pink
- Skintimate Energizing Citrus shave cream
So hop on over to your shower with a note pad, jot down your findings and report back with what you’re using during shower time.