Have you ever been baffled by the endless arrays of mascaras out there? Personally, my ADD kicks in whenever I am near a makeup aisle. “How can I possibly pick the right mascara from all these choices?!?”
After many years of trials and tribulations (not to mention blood blisters on my eyes from a certain pink and green packaged mascara), I’ve finally found my favorites. I love, and swear by, Physicians Formula Mineral Wear mascara ($6.36 at Drugstore.com), Blinc’s tubing mascara ($24 at Drugstore.com), and for color- I am really liking Hard Candy’s lavendar and silver options (great for tip highlights when you feel a little wacky!).
Anyhow, here’s a super-short quiz from Total Beauty that will help you consider what qualities you should be looking for in mascaras.
Find Your Ideal Mascara
Take this quiz to find the best formula for your lashes
We want to make sure that your mascara is covering your needs, so we created this quiz to help point you to the best one for you.
Some of their suggestions may be pricey or hard to find, so feel free to post your results below and hopefully I can help suggest some additional alternatives.
Imagine if you will…
You are the lucky winner of a $100 shopping spree to your favorite local drugstore!
So for this week’s Bionic Asks… what would you spend that hundred bucks on? Would you load up your shopping cart with beauty supplies, makeup, hair care, or household essentials?
My basket would probably contain a mish-mash of stuff. I’d certainly pick up more of the new Sally Hansen Complete Salon nail polishes, L’Oreal EverPure shampoo and conditioner, a tube of my must-have mascara Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear; and then grab some DVDs, books and chocolate. Plenty of chocolate!
Here are this week’s beauty and cosmetics sales from your local Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid drugstores. Due to the 4th of July holiday it seems that the sales are pretty limited this weekend, but you can still find some good buys.
- Sinful Colors nail polish – On sale for 99 cents with in-ad coupon!! (Limit 3) I adore these nail polishes – they are a great way to expand your color collection and they actually wear pretty well!
- Dove or Degree antiperspirant or deodorant – On sale for $1.99 with in-ad coupon. Excludes Ultimate, Absolute Protection, Adrenaline, Fine Fragrance and body mists.
- VO5 shampoo or conditioner – On sale for 69 cents with in-ad coupon.
Remember, you’ll need a free CVS Discount card to get these prices…
Here are this week’s beauty and cosmetics sales from your local Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid drugstores…
- Kiss or Broadway artificial nail kits – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Almay Cosmetics and makeup – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Buy 1 of the following Alpha Hydrox products: eye & lip cream, moisturizer, souffle cream, enhance cream, or lotion – Get a FREE Alpha Hydrox foaming face wash
- Axe men’s shampoo, conditioner or styling products – On sale for $4.99 each
- RoC Skincare (excludes Brilliance line) – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Olay Definity or Total Effects facial moisturizers – On sale for $19.99
- Olay Definity or Total Effects cleansers or starter trio – On sale for 20% off!
- Jergens 8-pack of bar soap – On sale for $1.99 with in-ad coupon
- Biore Skincare products – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Revlon Designer Series shine boosting hair straightener (flat iron), dryer, Ion Pro stylist or Ionic dryer, SmoothStay straightener; or Vidal Sassoon Nano straightener – On sale for $17.99
- John Frieda hair care, shampoo, conditioner, styling products – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Pantene Customized Solutions hair care – On sale, get 2 for $7; plus get $2 in Register Rewards (RR)
- Infusium 23 hair care products – Save $2 with in-store coupon
- L’Oreal Feria hair color – On sale for $6.99 with in-ad coupon
- Garnier Nutrisse or 100% Color hair color – On sale for $5.99 with in-ad coupon
- Mitchum or Lady Mitchum antiperspirant/deodorant – On sale for $1.99 with in-ad coupon
- All Revlon Cosmetics, L’Oreal Cosmetics or Skincare, Maybelline makeup – Buy 1, get 1 half off!
- Neutrogena Sunblocks – Get $2 with in-ad coupon
Want a chance to win the entire new spring makeup collection from Physician’s Formula?
Who wouldn’t! To stake your claim on this fabulous prize, head over to StyleCaster’s Daily Mirror Challenge Spring Loot Physician’s Formula giveaway.
The contest ends April 20th, so get moving ladies!