Lash enhancers are growing in popularity ever since Latisse launched a few years back. Now women everywhere are looking for the “miracle serum” to make their lashes grow longer and darker.
My second foray into lash enhancers did not go as well as my first. This time, tarte sent me their new MultiplEye Lash Enhancer.
I used the MultiplEye serum along my upper lashline every night for three months – exactly according to directions. I haven’t noticed any difference in my lashes. In fact, they lost all the length and thickness I had developed while using DeaBella’s formula previously. I basically went backwards. I asked around on Twitter and several ladies responded saying they also didn’t get positive results with MultiplEye.
Today is a two-fer… part makeup look, and part product review. Using some new makeup products (at least new to me), I created a simple, and perfect-for-everyday glamorous makeup look.
Glamorous makeup works for daytime too!
For the makeup look, I used…
- Tarte’s ReCreate Natural Anti-Aging Foundation with SPF 15 – All across my face
- Purely Cosmetics mineral makeup foundation in California Blonde (In case you missed them, you can read all my previous makeup looks and reviews of Purely Cosmetics.) – The Tarte makeup didn’t provide much coverage and it was overly “dewey” so I dusted my PC minerals over my nose, forehead and cheeks.
- Three Custom Color Opaline Creme Eye Definer in Aurora (applied with a taklon “liner” brush from Michael’s craft store, ~$2) – I lined my upper lash line with this deep navy cream eyeliner.
- Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara in Black – One coat on top and bottom lashes.
- Bourjois Brilliant Effet 3D Maximize lip gloss in Cassis – Great pink-red combo for a classic, everyday look.
The makeup I used to create this look... full reviews are below.
And now for the reviews…
Tarte fRxtion is a really neat addition to any cosmetics collection, in my opinion. fRxtion will exfoliate and moisturize lips all in the same product!
tarte cosmetics' fRxtion lip treatment
fRxtion comes in a lipstick tube type container. When you pull the top off, a mirror automatically flips open, which is a complete and unexpected surprise! The lip product is like a lipstick, except one half is tightly pressed sugar for exfoliating and the other half is an emollient lip conditioner.
Tarte Cosmetics is offering a week long Friends and Family discount. And since you all are my friends, I’m sharing the special code with you!
From August 17th through August 24 2009 get 40% off makeup, beauty tools, everything at tartecosmetics.com. Simply use discount code FF09 at checkout!
Happy makeup shopping, ladies!
For the past 3 Tuesdays, I’ve posted “how-to” guides from tarte cosmetics to give you all some ideas on eyeshadow looks for this fall. Here’s the final look: A Charcoal shaded, slightly smokey look perfect for evenings out. All the colors and products mentioned below are tarte- but like the previous tutorials, you could swap in your own products and colors.
- Apply the black with silver fleck eyeshadow on the lower eyelid using the all-over eyeshadow brush.
- Blend the gold-tinged purple from mid-eyelid into the crease using the easy-crease eyeshadow brush.
- Gently sweep the shimmery pale pink directly below the browbone.
- Line the upper and lower lashline with the charcoal eyeliner. Then use the black with silver fleck shadow to line and blend the upper lashline and the shimmery deep gray to line and blend the lower lashline.
- Add a touch of silver sheen eyeshadow in the inner corner of eyes for an extra pop.
- Apply several generous coats of lash hugger eco-friendly natural mascara.
Previous looks: Bronze for day, Bronze for evening, and Charcoal for day.