I am one Bionic Beauty who can’t resist grabbing a new nail polish on my weekly trips to the local drugstore… my latest purchase was another bottle of Sally Hansen’s new nail polish formula “Complete Salon”. Like the previous Sally Hanson Complete Salon nail polishes I reviewed, Black Platinum wore, and applied, exceptionally well.
The first coat applied a bit uneven and translucent; but the flow was nice and it dried quickly.
Sally Hansen's new Complete Salon nail polish in Black Platinum
Welcome to another installment of Bionic Beauty Homemade with Joycey Couture!
It’s Summertime – shorts and sandals are a must! Treat your body and feet to a homemade scrub with this simple recipe.
The Ingredients… which you probably already have around the house!
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil, or any lotion, cream, or body butter
- Optional: Add 2-3 drops of Tea Tree Oil to reduce inflammation, clear eczema, enhance moisture retention, and to soothe and clear the skin
Mix It Up and Use It Up…
- Mix the sugar and lotion/oil/cream in a bowl.
- Use the scrub in the shower, or after. Just be very careful while in the shower or on smooth floors since the oil/lotion/cream can make your feet VERY slippery!!!
- For your feet: Encourage exfoliation by rubbing the mixture into each foot for a few minutes. Continue to massage your feet for a few minutes longer to break up tension and soreness.
- For your body: Apply the scrub first on your extremities – hands, feet – and work towards the core of your body – up the legs and arms. Scrubbing towards your heart and core is thought to help increase circulation and assist the body in clearing toxins.
- Rinse with warm water, PAT dry, and you are done!
Don’t miss Bionic’s previous recipe on making your own Jojoba Foot Scrub!
Many of you know that I am a total Harry Potter and Twilight fan-girl. When movies or books I enjoy get released, it usually involves quite a bit of fan-fare on my part. I have a propensity for costuming, or adding little details to my outfits (like my Bella Moonstone ring), which both liven up the experience for me.
I didn’t see the Eclipse movie on opening night, but I did create this Eclipsed-themed nail art. I drew inspiration from the book cover and added some extra highlights to make it a bit more vibrant.
Bionic Beauty's Eclipse themed nail art
appy 4th of July, and Happy Anniversary to Bionic-Beauty.com!
It may sound a bit odd for me to “wish my own blog a Happy Birthday”, but I think of July as the month when I, and some of my most favorite cosmetics brands, get to turn the tables and give back to you!
I could get a bit mushy here remembering when Bionic Beauty first started- back when the only readers were my sister and me; and now there are over 1,100 of you. (sniffle, sniffle!)
In any case, it’s high time I let you know about the big events surrounding Bionic’s “Three Years of Powerful Beauty” celebration…
Are you looking for a more natural Sunblock/Sunscreen for this summer? Look no further! I just finished testing Coola’s Total Body Unscented SPF 30 Organic Moisturizing Suncare in the extreme Florida sunshine. In short- it’s fabulous!
Coola - An organic sunblock that works!!
Now for the details ~
Coola offers a variety of mineral and organic sunscreens for face, lips, and body; plus a few different scents (which they are expanding soon!). The Total Body SPF 30 is fragrance, paba, paraben, and petroleum free. The formula includes certified organic ingredients (full listing below) with several oils and Aloe for moisture. The drawback for me of many “natural” or organic sunblocks is that they leave your skin looking chalky white. Not so with Coola. It soaked right away without being too greasy.