Welcome to another installment of Bionic Beauty Homemade with Joycey Couture!
Sometimes you just need a good scrubbing… Try this super simple DIY recipe for any skin type!
- 1/2 of an orange
- 4 tablespoons of cornmeal
Oranges are jam-packed with beneficial Vitamin C and natural astringent properties!
Instructions to mix it up~
Continuing Bionic Beauty’s “Three Years of Powerful Beauty” celebrations, one of my favorite skin care brands, Jeune D’Age Organics is sponsoring an absolutely wonderful giveaway worth over $165!!
One lucky Bionic Beauty is going to win a Jeune D’Age skincare gift set that includes:
- Serum box – Packed with CoQ10, DMAE, Hyaluroan, Acai, and Vitamin A. This facial serum is not only good for you, but it’s packed in a cool box that you can plant and it’ll sprout wildflowers! Don’t miss Bronnie’s full review of Jeune’s serum.
- Marin Toner – Both Bronnie and I LOVE this toner… it’s packed with lots of extra product and lasts forever!
- Facial Cleanser – Not only does it cleanse but it also gently exfoliates. Check out Bionic Beauty’s review!
- Body Lotion – This body lotion will protect and soften your skin this summer and is also perfect for fall!
- Pumpkin Peel – Jeune’s Pumpkin Peel is one of their newer products. It’s designed to help with skin cell turnover and clear out pores.
- Argan Oil – Unless you’ve been hiding in a cave, you know Argan Oil is one of the new leading skin care ingredients. Many companies use diluted amounts in their products, but not Jeune D’Age. Their Argan Oil is 100% Pure!
How do you enter to win Bionic Beauty’s Jeune D’Age Organics skin care giveaway?
This week’s Bionic Asks…
What hair and body care products are currently stashed in your shower?
To kick things off, here’s my list:
- Freeman Papaya & Lime Shine shampoo
- Freeman Papaya & Lime Shine conditioner
- Kiehl’s Sunflower Color Preserving Deep Recovery Pak deep conditioner
- Morrocan Oil Moisture Repair shampoo
- Morrocan Oil Moisture Repair conditioner
- Morrocan Oil Restorative Hair Mask deep conditioner
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Hair Masque
One of my favorite companies, Cactus & Ivy, recently started making all-natural, hand made soaps.
All I can say is YUM. I am a sucker for homemade bar soap. There’s something nice about going back to the feel of the square soap, the scents that are so much stronger, and so much more pleasant than most shower gels… and these new Cactus & Ivy soaps are simply perfect.
My new soap love from Cactus and Ivy!!
There’s a soap for everyone. My personal favorite is the Spearcalyptus mostly because I’m a fangirl of anything that has Eucalyptus as a scent layer. The chunks of Spearmint and Eucalyptus leaves in the bar are amazing for exfoliating!
And even my super sensitive facial skin was a-okay with the Serene Face and Body bar. No scent, just simple, all natural ingredients that don’t cause reactions on your skin. If you like plain and simple, this is your soap!
Calendula Sunshine is so pretty I almost didn’t want to use it! It’s perfect for a morning shower… It’ll wake you up with a citrusy scent.
All the bars lasted for weeks in my shower…
Now that you all know my fave beauty products from 2009… it’s time to share some super-special news about a few of the brands!
In honor of being named on of “Bionic’s Best of 2009”, Jeune D’age Organic skincare has offered Bionic Beauty readers an EXCLUSIVE discount! Enter “BestOfBionic” (without the quotes) at checkout and you’ll get 25% off your order! Sorry but it’s only open to USA residents. This discount expires on February 14th at midnight US ET.
Seriously ladies, this line rocks. You won’t regret it. Bionic Bronnie and I are both hooked. Have questions on what you should try, or the products themselves? Leave your questions in the comments section below and I’ll get them over to Jeune D’age (or just use their contact form). Happy shopping!!
Besides having wonderful makeup, Robyn from Purely Cosmetics also runs a beauty blog. She’s currently holding an amazing giveaway…