Shopping for skin care products can be a nightmare. Especially for a self-acknowledged, obsessive label reader like me. Combine that with the fact that SO many companies do not seem to include all their actual ingredients on the labels (side note: smaller, indie skincare companies seem to be completely and wonderfully honest in their labeling; the bigger brand names are the ones I’ve noticed that artfully neglect some of their ingredients).
Ingredients lists are long, scientific and frequently boring; but here’s a quick list of seven new skincare ingredients to keep your peepers peeled for during your next online or in-store shopping trip!
7 New Skincare Ingredients To Get Excited About
Retinols and glycolic acids are so yesterday. Get updated on the new buzz-worthy skin care ingredients
When it comes to the beauty products we use everyday, skincare is where the science is. New skin care ingredients and skin care advancements are being discovered practically every day. The tried and true concoctions should still hold a place in your skin care regimen (don’t skimp on the SPF and don’t give up on retinol just yet!), but there are new and exciting skin care ingredients that you should introduce into your regular routine. Click ahead to get the 411 on the special skincare ingredients you should try.
Stay sane on the skincare aisle,
Only one quick freebie today, but it’s a pretty darn nice one…
Try out a freebie of Calico Minerals “3-step” facial skin care routine. Your sample pack will include toner, moisturizer and and a serum!
Hey, hey, hey! It’s almost turkey day! Tis the season to start filling the freezer with homemade veggie stocks, whipping up cookie dough (I adore having frozen rolls of dough already waiting for my next Cookie Monster fit!), pie crusts and bread. But… take a quick break from all the holiday prep to snap up these soon-to-be-gone freebies!
Snag a sample pack duo of Aveda INVATI exfoliating shampoo and conditioner by downloading this short pdf form/page, filling it out and bringing it into your local Aveda salon. Offer expires June 20, 2013.
Try out a freebie of Calico Minerals’ “3-step” facial skin care routine. Your sample pack will include toner, moisturizer and and a serum!
Want a teensy tropical vacation? Get a free sample of Tropical Breeze fragrance and then kick your imagination into high gear.
Stay warm and stay bionic,
Welcome to another installment of Bionic Beauty Homemade with Joycey Couture!
1 cup freshly ground dirt
4 cups chlorinated water
3 cups salt water
3 tbsp sunscreen
Add a dash of sweat and you’re set… for one harsh summer. Now of course we all know summer is coming to an end, but the heat is still raging in the majority of the USA. Why not protect your skin and hair, and rejuvenate them for a beautiful fall!
Here are a few do-it-yourself beauty treatments that I’ve found and tested to help you do just this. And like always, the ingredients are inexpensive and all-natural!
For the Mug
- Looking for a face mask designed for most skin types? Try this one~ Combine 1 egg yolk, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of plain yogurt and 1/2 teaspoon of virgin olive oil. Just leave the mixture on your face for 10 minutes and rinse it off.
- For oily or acne-prone skin~ Try a mask that will help soothe the skin. Take 1 ripe banana and blend it with 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Leave on for 15 minutes.
- If you have dry skin~ Mix half of a mashed avocado with 1/4 cup of honey for a mask that will add tons of moisture to your face. Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Fruit based facial toners~ Sliced strawberries, grapes and cucumbers act as natural toners to tighten skin and shrink pores. Yum! Just rub the slices over your skin after cleansing. Got oily skin? Use sliced lemons to reduce shine.
Continuing Bionic Beauty’s “Three Years of Powerful Beauty” celebrations, one of my favorite skin care brands, Jeune D’Age Organics is sponsoring an absolutely wonderful giveaway worth over $165!!
One lucky Bionic Beauty is going to win a Jeune D’Age skincare gift set that includes:
- Serum box – Packed with CoQ10, DMAE, Hyaluroan, Acai, and Vitamin A. This facial serum is not only good for you, but it’s packed in a cool box that you can plant and it’ll sprout wildflowers! Don’t miss Bronnie’s full review of Jeune’s serum.
- Marin Toner – Both Bronnie and I LOVE this toner… it’s packed with lots of extra product and lasts forever!
- Facial Cleanser – Not only does it cleanse but it also gently exfoliates. Check out Bionic Beauty’s review!
- Body Lotion – This body lotion will protect and soften your skin this summer and is also perfect for fall!
- Pumpkin Peel – Jeune’s Pumpkin Peel is one of their newer products. It’s designed to help with skin cell turnover and clear out pores.
- Argan Oil – Unless you’ve been hiding in a cave, you know Argan Oil is one of the new leading skin care ingredients. Many companies use diluted amounts in their products, but not Jeune D’Age. Their Argan Oil is 100% Pure!
How do you enter to win Bionic Beauty’s Jeune D’Age Organics skin care giveaway?