Clinique’s latest launch involved a whole slew of super gorgeous, and on-trend, matte shadows.
Their official name is “Color Surge Eye Shadow Stay Matte”. In my opinion, they do live up to the Color Surge… packing a punch of color! And I love the matte look. It’s so fresh after years of shimmer and glitter.
Here’s a breakdown of the shadow colors I’m loving…
- French Vanilla- while it doesn’t show up well in my swatch photo, it makes an excellent inner eye corner or brow bone highlighter. It’s a gorgeous cream color. I worked French Vanilla into my old-hollywood glamour look.
- Martini- This is a khaki brown with a green base. It’s warm and prefect for fall. It’s a great color for a one-shadow look. I used Martini and French Vanilla in my autumn “dark lip look”.
- Stone Violet- I adore this color for a smoky purple eye. Just a bit on the upper lid and blend it outward from the lashline. Then use a small smudge brush to line your lower lashline. Done!
- Dark Denim- Another super, amazing color! This is a very wearable blue. Think you can’t pull off blue eyeshadow? *This* is the one to try. Goes great with jeans and T-shirt. This is another color I use regularly to create a smokey eye.
- Midnight- The classic black, but finally without glimmer. I wore this on a date recently and it got some nice compliments. You can tone it down by blending out, while keeping the impact and density of color focused around your lash lines for a high-impact look. I got a ton of compliments on this eyeshadow!
All these colors are worth a look-see. I love their color payoff, blendability and of course, the matte effect (did I mention I like the matte?) They don’t wander, flake or crease. Ask for some for the holidays, they’re the perfect size for stocking stuffers (hint, hint)!
Each shadow comes in a beautious classic silver Clinique case complete with mirror. They run $14 each and are available at Clinique counters or Clinique.com, you can pick from 9 colors.
FTC Disclosure: This item was sent to me free of charge in return for an honest review. The opinion in this article is based on my personal experience and was not influenced by any source. I was not compensated for this article. Feel free to read my disclosure policy for more information.