Today is a two-fer… part makeup look, and part product review. Using some new makeup products (at least new to me), I created a simple, and perfect-for-everyday glamorous makeup look.
For the makeup look, I used…
- Tarte’s ReCreate Natural Anti-Aging Foundation with SPF 15 – All across my face
- Purely Cosmetics mineral makeup foundation in California Blonde (In case you missed them, you can read all my previous makeup looks and reviews of Purely Cosmetics.) – The Tarte makeup didn’t provide much coverage and it was overly “dewey” so I dusted my PC minerals over my nose, forehead and cheeks.
- Three Custom Color Opaline Creme Eye Definer in Aurora (applied with a taklon “liner” brush from Michael’s craft store, ~$2) – I lined my upper lash line with this deep navy cream eyeliner.
- Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara in Black – One coat on top and bottom lashes.
- Bourjois Brilliant Effet 3D Maximize lip gloss in Cassis – Great pink-red combo for a classic, everyday look.
And now for the reviews…
Tarte’s ReCreate Natural Anti-Aging Foundation with SPF 15
- SPF 15, UVA and UVB protection
- Anti-aging ingredients to benefit your skin with each application
- Easy to blend
- Light to medium coverage (or this could be a con, if you need full coverage)
- Lots of colors to suit most skin tones
- Pump dispenser to keep makeup inside “clean” and germ free.
- Clear container so you can tell how much makeup you have left.
- A bit pricey
- Don’t forget that “natural” labeling doesn’t mean it is fully natural, or organic, or eco-friendly. This makeup does have some natural ingredients, but so do the majority of makeups out there today.
- It caused me to break out- however, that’s not going to be the case for everyone. If you have sensitive skin, this may not be a good product choice for you though.
To Buy: Tarte’s ReCreate anti-aging foundation is $37 at beauty.com.
Three Custom Color Opaline Creme Eye Definer in Aurora
- Deep, rich color
- Applies very smoothly
- Can be blended out for a smokey-eye effect, or kept in a distinct line like I’ve shown.
- Classic Three Custom quality. Their products are some of my favorites!
- Mirrored compact is both portable, and makes for easy application or touchups on the go.
- LOTS of product, this compact will last forever!
- I wish there was a bit more navy to the coloring. It’s what I’d refer to as an “almost black”.
- Pricier than drugstore brands.
Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara in Black
- Lots of curling, as you can see from my photo above! This is *the* curling mascara if you want to forego an eye lash curler.
- No flaking, clumping, or other nefarious activities.
- My tube seemed to “dry out” rather quickly even when capped tightly. After about 2 months it became a bit more thick and not so easy to apply.
- Didn’t build extreme length or add volume, if that’s what you are seeking.
To Buy: Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara Black uns $22 a tube at Sephora.
Bourjois Brilliant Effet 3D Maximize lip gloss in Cassis
- Pretty affordable, nice big tube.
- Loads of depth, shine and brilliant color.
- Easy to apply, very smooth, very very minimal stickiness.
Not very long-wearing, but most lip glosses aren’t used for their hours of color, are they?
To Buy: Bourjois lipgloss is $16 at Ulta.com.
And there you have it. An easy everyday makeup look with a hint of glamour and all sorts of new products for you to ponder!