Every Thursday night, I eagerly await the start of a new Vampire Diaries episode (8pm ET on The CW). The cast has good eye candy (woo hoo!) and the story lines are even better than it’s book series namesake (in my opinion, anyhow). While watching, I couldn’t help wondering how they kept all the gals’ hair bouncy and non-frizzy during the heat of an Atlanta summer. Well it turns out, that some of my favorite hair care products are working their tails off behind-the-fangs… White Sands to the rescue!
Vampire Diaries series hairstylist, Randa Squillacote, shares her secrets to creating the beautiful hair looks we see each week.
Candice (who plays Elena’s slightly shallow, sometimes plotting, sometimes friend Caroline on the show) has thick, naturally wavy hair. To achieve her look Randa follows these steps…
- Shampoo and condition hair with White Sands Vegan Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner to thoroughly cleanse, while infusing a vital moisture balance back into each strand.
- Blow dry hair with a medium round brush for fullness.
- Spray entire head with White Sands Liquid Texture Firm Hold. Section off 1-inch partings starting at the nape area. Take these 1-inch sections and using a 1-inch barrel curling iron, curl hair from ends to scalp (like a roller). Remove iron and clip into place until entire head is set. Wait until cooled.
- Remove clips and brush out for a soft, sexy, wavy style. Spray with White Sands Infinity Finishing Spray for a flexible hold that repels outside moisture, while providing a long lasting style: a must on set!
Nina (who plays Elena Gilbert) has medium thickness and a natural wavy pattern to start. To achieve this look…
- Shampoo and condition hair with White Sands Vegan Volumizing Shampoo and Volumizing Conditioner for a clean canvas.
- Blow dry hair with a large round brush, spraying sections with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Hold for its thermal protection and color enhancers. This technique creates volume and shine with just a round brush in hand.
- Using White Sands Liquid Texture Firm Hold, flat iron hair in sections starting at the crown and lift straight up. Turn iron slightly at the middle of each hair strand to the ends for a slight bend and beautiful wave. Iron all hair sections in the same direction and let hair cool.
- Brush and finger comb in place and spray with White Sands Infinity Finishing Spray.
Katerina has medium thick and relaxed curly hair to start. Katerina’s character, Bonnie, just discovered she’s descended from a long line of witches.
- Shampoo and condition hair with White Sands Vegan Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner to improve hydration levels and stand strength.
- Spray on White Sands Porosity the Fix and apply Curl up in Silk Medium Mousse to define texture and remove frizz, drying tresses under a hairdryer.
- Spray entire head with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Hold. Take 1-inch partings, starting at nape. Gather each 1-inch section and hold a 1 ½ inch curling iron vertical and wrap hair around barrel from scalp to ends.
- Let curls drop and separate with White Sands Smudge Texture Creme for a soft relaxed curl look.
Don’t miss any of my previous reviews of White Sands hair products!
Want some good news? White Sands’s products are now available on their website WhiteSandsProducts.com And even better news is you can now check out my absolute hair must-haves: Porosity the Fix and the new 24/7 The Cure!
All photographs are credited to: Andrew Eccles, The CW ©2009 The CW Network, LLC. All Rights Reserved.