July 4th represents the United State’s Independence Day but it’s also the day I first put a post up on the Bionic Beauty blog.
In honor of BB’s one year anniversary, I’m taking a look back at lessons I have learned this past year. I know there are quite a few more, but some lessons just seem to become instinct and I cannot process them or identify the actual point that I learned the lesson.
- Almost every high end product has an affordable duplicate.
- Branch out and try indie and local brands. Quite often they are more natural, very affordable, and fun to chat with your friends about.
- Samples abound! I can now travel at a moment’s notice thanks to all my sample size lotions, shampoos, styling products and even foundation! Bionic Beauty has shared 79 beauty samples in the past year.
Stripping floors is hard work, no its not beauty related, but it is something I learned.
- Some ladies simply rock my world. Nenette, Erin and Jen. I am so glad we’ve found each other in the vastness of this crazy web.
- A blog requires many more hours a day than I ever expected. For a quick estimate, I spend 45-50 hours a week working on Bionic Beauty. On giveaway weeks, it’s many more since I have promised myself to send personal thank you notes to each entrant.
- Reader comments, emails, and feedback make those hours all worthwhile.
- Rubberized mascara brushes ROCK!
And without further delay… in order to say thanks to all my wonderful readers, Bionic Beauty will be hosting some fantabulous giveaways this month. The first of which has already launched – win a SpinLash mascara setup! Giveaways to come include Malibu Secret lotion, Milani makeup, pHormulate *and* White Sands hair care. Also in the works, highlights on my readers: Polls/surveys to share your thoughts, a “delurking day”, and a roundup of the best comments over the year. So hangout, check back often, and join the birthday party all month long!