Welcome to another installment of Bionic Beauty Homemade with Joycey Couture!
This week’s DIY beauty recipe is multi-functional and super easy to make. This sea salt beachy hair spray conditions your hair, refreshes it with a light scent, and you can use it for a styling product! Simply spray it in your hair, twist your hair gently into tendrils, let them hang that way until you’re ready to leave the house (or car), then lightly comb through with your fingers – instant beachy, bed-head waves!
What you’ll need…
- A 6-8 ounce spritzer/spray bottle (I save my empties from previous spray-in conditioners or hair sprays)
- Plain water (distilled, tap, spring, whatever)
- Very fine grain sea salt (find it in the spice aisle at your local grocery store)
- Spray leave-in conditioner (I love Paul Mitchell’s Awapuhi Moisture Mist and L’Oreal EverPure’s UV Protect Spray!)
- 2-5 drops of pure Coconut Oil
Creating your own beachy spray…
- Fill your spritz bottle 2/3 full with water.
- Add one teaspoon sea salt and shake well. Keep on shaking until all the salt is dissolved.
- Pour in about 3/4 of an inch to 1 inch of Leave-in Spray Conditioner (Use less if you have normal hair or the full inch if you have dry hair.)
- Add 2-5 drops of Coconut Oil (You can vary this amount depending on your scent preference.)
- Shake it up and spray away! Be sure to shake the bottle each time before applying.
Like options? Don’t miss another way to make your own hair Sea Salt Spray!