Mythbuster Beauty’s post on “Color Intervention 101” inspired me to try out a broader range of eyeshadow colors beyond my standard browns. During my latest trip to the local drugstore, I saw an ad board for Revlon’s new limited edition makeup “Reveal Your Wild Side“. I loved the green eyeshadow look shown on the boards (I can’t find a photo of it anywhere on the web, sorry!), checked the colors they used, and made a mental image for me to work from.
Here is my version. I’m “Going Green”.
The makeup I used:
- Milani Runway Eyes palette in Glamorous Gems.
- Milani single eyeshadow in Antique Gold.
- L’Oreal HiP Cream Shadow Paint in 809, Lofty (in the silver/pink tube).
- Milani Eye Pencil liner in Antique Green.
- Revlon Marble-ous Match eye liner/shadow duo pencil in Made for Jade.
- Milani Velvet Collection lipstick in Plush.
A photo of my finished look:
How I accomplished Going Green:
- I applied a small amount of L’Oreal Cream Shadow Paint (similar to MAC’s Paint Pots) in Lofty to my entire lid and blended it up towards my brow. This color provides a nice neutral base for my eyeshadow.
- Note: The HiP Cream Shadow Paints are not yet out in all drugstores, but I have had good luck at Walgreens and CVS. They are absolutely gorgeous, apply well, and stay put! You can get them for $2 off at Walgreens from now through February 28th if you use their coupon in the Super Saver catalog (in Walgreens stores).
- Then I applied the Milani single eyeshadow in Antique Gold to my lid and into the crease.
- I smudged some of the Antique Gold shadow under my lower lash line as well.
- In the outer corner (the “V”) of my eyelid, I applied the darkest green from the Runway Eyes palette.
- Then I blended, blended and blended my lid.
- I lined over the shadow on my lower lash line with the Milani liner in Antique Green.
- And I applied a thick line of the Revlon Made for Jade eyeliner (the green and brown marbled end) on my top lash line.
- I choose the Plush lipstick by Milani to coordinate with this look. It’s subdued and the gold flecks in the lipstick perfectly complete the “safari” look.
- A coat of your favorite mascara, top and bottom, and your finished!
I surprised myself by loving this green look so much. I couldn’t stop walking by the mirror to look at my eyes!
If you enjoyed this makeup look, check out my other Bionic makeup looks!