For those of you who are new to the blog, this little quizzy (also known around the web as a “meme”) will give you some insights to me, my inspirations and my personality.
And…. it doubles up in usage! Nenette at LifeCandy posted this before me, and since she is my “partner” for this week’s 52 Weeks of Community project, I am fulfilling my project requirement (which is fun definitely and certainly not a drag like school projects used to be, ick) and letting you in on some details about Bionic Beauty. So enjoy!
1. At what age do you wish to marry?
Well, I’m I was already married, but if you had asked me growing up if I would get married at 21, the answer would’ve been “hell nah!”. But it is wonderful. I honestly think I was born in the wrong generation- I look at relationships the way my grandparents did. (updated 2009)
2. What color do you like most?
Maroon- whether its shirts, horsie blankets or my betta fish.
3. Where is the place that you want to go the most?
Right now? Anyplace warm. Don’t get me wrong, I love the winter, but a nice Pina Colada in the Abaco Islands would be splendid right now.
4. Which part of you do you hate the most?
My inability to turn my “thinker” off. It’s non-stop, I tell ya!
5. When you encounter a sad moment, what would you do?
I cry. And I’m 100 percent ok with that.
6. What are you afraid to lose the most?
My mind… oh wait…
7. If you win $1 million, what would you do?
Buy a large sailboat (I’ve got it all picked out already) and a small house with property for rescued critters (and a few people to help take care of them all, lol).
8. What’s your wish for the year ahead?
Squeal! Can I have a pony?!?
9. How did you celebrate the New Year?
Our neighborhood has an Irish Pub, so I spent the evening there. Dancing, singing and staying away from the craziness of any downtown/city areas.
10. Till now, what is the moment that you regret the most?
Not spending enough time chatting with my Grandfather.
11. Which type of person do you hate the most?
People who tailgate drive me bonkers! And people who speed in neighborhoods where kids are playing, grrr!
12. What is your ambition?
Continue learning all I can about the blogging world, have Bionic Beauty continue to grow, and I’d like to meet the movie director J.J. Abrams. I’d also like to become telekinetic, but that’s probably a bit far fetched.
13. If you had one wish what would you wish for?
Complete health for my friends and family. Or if there’s a loop-hole, I’d like more wishes, please!
14. Name one of your body parts your hubby/boyfriend/significant other/friend tells you he/she adores.
Well, *I* like my new short hair cut, and my bum (doesn’t the English/British term sound much nicer than the American “butt”? I mean, come on!).
15. What is the best gift you can give someone this year?
This one is stumping me. An iPhone?
16. List two of your Top Ten New Year’s Resolutions.
Top Ten? That’s awfully ambitious. Here are my two (and I only made two): Grow the community at my blog, and take steps to live more “green”.
17. What do you need to do this year in order for you to be happier in life?
Make a plan, you gotta have a plan. I’d really like to win that million dollars mentioned earlier and the pony would be nice. But really folks, I’m pretty darn happy.
18. What are the Top 2 things that you are most thankful for the year 2007 that made you even more happier for 2008?
The ability to take some time off, heal, and hence, start my blogging! Oh wait, you only asked for two, oops.
19. What was the best lesson you learned in 2007 (be specific)?
Don’t trust recovery room nurses (nothing against nurses here, one of my best friends is a nurse). If you are hurting, tell them! And like the question says, be specific!! 😉 While I was in recovery after a surgery in 2007, I kept saying there was a problem, but the nurses just said “use the ice pack”, or it’s “normal”. Well, it wasn’t. So, ladies, be informed and don’t be afraid to speak up. YOU know your body best.
20. In this very moment, are you doing what you thought you’d be doing at this stage in your life?
I certainly did not think I’d be living in a neighborhood that seems like the real life version of The Truman Show. And growing up, who had even heard of blogs???
So that’s it. Ta-DA!!!