Hello ladies! As some of you have noticed, I launched a new look for Bionic Beauty over the holiday weekend. This site re-design is something I’ve been working on for a few months.
The main changes you will notice:
- The “Page” navigation bar is now at the very tippy-top of your screen. The pages lead to places to Contact me, the Press and Awards page, the Bionic Gallery, and the Community page which holds the blog badges and computer wallpapers.
- The search bar is located also at the tippy top. I tried it over in the sidebar, but it seemed to get lost.
- Below the normal Bionic Beauty header, you will now find a navigation bar to pull up articles by topic. Product Reviews, Makeup, Skincare, etc. Most topics also have drop downs that allow you to narrow your search further. I still have some work to do in this area, so bear with me!
- All the content (i.e articles or blog posts depending on your vernacular) is now on the left column. With all the sidebars pushed to the right. What do you think?
- The content/articles now show as 2 large/full articles and the rest (another 6-8) show as excerpts. I did this to try to help you all avoid “Scroll-Strain”.
- In the far right sidebar you can find a By Brand pulldown. Hopefully this will make it easier for everyone to look up their favorites!
- Also in the right sidebars is a box with tabs. Here you can find the little quick “About Bionic” intro, Recent Comments (Chatter), Recent Articles, and currently the most Popular articles on Bionic Beauty.
The fonts, general look, graphics, etc are pretty much the same. I tried to keep the look familar, but updated.
Now… I open it up to you. I realize I can never please everyone, and I also realized this morning how much some people really, trully hate change… but I would really like your constructive criticism. Are there things you would like to see here on BB? Is something looking wonky to you? Can I arrange something to make it easier for you?
After all, I work on Bionic Beauty for YOU. So please, be nice, but speak up. If you’d rather not leave a comment, email me privately through the Contact form.
And please bear with the dust while I get things settled. I still have lots of work to do!