I’ve received a few reader Q’s regarding what my typical nightly skin routine is, I’m posting up to share. I believe it’s a natural female instinct to wonder what everyone else is using, what their secret may be, and comparing it to your own. Like our own little Consumer Reports survey.
When I am not testing new products on my skin, here are my standard go-to’s:
- Facewash: Noxema for normal skin, and twice a week I load some up onto a washcloth for extra scrubbing. I find I need to moisturize less with this face wash, it keeps my skin tone even, and doesn’t peel, redden or scuff up my skin.
- Toner: Dickinson’s Witch Hazel.
- If needed, spot treat any blemishes with Tea Tree Oil.
- Treatment: Boots UK Restore and Renew serum. I can’t say enough great things about this star of a product!
- Moisturizer: Neutrogena Visibly Even Daily SPF 15 Moisturizer (when needed and every night in the winter).
That’s it. I really try to keep it simple since I abhor product overload, and with my sensitive skin I have to watch for certain ingredients that might cause redness or breakouts.
So chicas, what is your secret nightly regimen?