A few online buddies tagged me to complete some fun things and surveys. Read on for random tidbits on yours truly.
My Top 5 Must *Not* Have Beauty Items. (tagged by The Daily Cookie)
- Face cleansers and lotion loaded with glycerin. This one just baffles me. Glycerin breaks so many people out, yet when you real labels on the store shelves- the majority of face washes and lotions have glycerin the first few ingredients. Grrr.
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara. I’m not a fan and never was a fan of this cult-fave mascara. It made me have blood spots in my eyes, swelled my lids shut and other nastiness. Plus it clumped, flaked, and smeared. Granted, it works for some, but not this kid.
- C.O. Bigelow lip balm. I adore the taste and scent of this lip balm. Unfortunately, it dries my lips and rips the corners of my mouth.
- St. Ives Apricot Scrub. We’ve covered this before.
- Burt’s Bees Color Keeper Green Tea and Fennel Seed Shampoo. It’s sulfate-free which prompted me to try it, unfortunately it left my hair dry as straw, frizzy, and unmanageable.
Tagged by Shai Coggins for the 123 Book Tag. Here are the rules for the Book Tag:
- Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.
- Open the book to page 123.
- Find the fifth sentence.
- Post the next three sentences.
- Tag five people.
“Somehow I knew that if I spun around, I would catch a glimpse of the people who had spent their lives in the gloom. In my imagination, I could see the spotlight of the miner’s hat capturing a set of hardened eyes, a featureless face, or the twirl of a ghostly dress. I tried not to make too much of the images that flashed through my mind, but there was one thing I knew for certain.”
~Snippet from Kiki Strike: Inside the Shadow City by Kirsten Miller.
By the way, if you have a ‘tween or teen daughter(s), I highly recommend this book. Great source of girl power! Heck, I read them at least twice a year. It’s a definite source of Bionic Beauty inspiration.
I’m not tagging anyone to complete these surveys/tags, but if you’d like to share the 5th sentence, page 123 of a book laying near you, or your 5 must-not-haves, please do so in the comments. Might be fun to see what we’re all reading.