Welcome to Part 3 of the Jeune D’age Organics skin care review series. This week features the Premiere Cleanser and Gentle Exfoliator.
This cleanser efficiently removes makeup and cleans out pores, all without drying the skin. As with all Jeune D’age skin care products, this face wash is packed with some amazing ingredients. Let’s break down some of the interesting ones…
- CoQ10 helps generate new cells, increase skin cell turnover, and block pollutions and oxidants from further damaging your skin.
- Roobibos Tea is rich in minerals that are noted for soothing and healing properties. From the Jeune D’age website: “Japanese scientists found that Rooibos Tea contains a mimic of the enzyme Super Oxide Dismutase (S.O.D.) which is an antioxidant that attacks the free radicals and limits their damaging effects on the skin.”
- DMAE, also known as Dimethylaminoethanol, is found luxury skin care products such as those by Dr. Perricone. DMAE applied topically helps firm and tone your skin. DMAE for skin care products is derived from Tartaric Acid, which in turn comes from grapes. To read more really interesting facts about DMAE, check out Jeune’s very helpful ingredients glossary.
- Jojoba Oil is proven to be the closest oil to our skin’s natural sebum. It’s long been used to provide balanced moisture, calms irritations, and also acts as a “carrier oil”. A “carrier oil” functions to carry other effective ingredients deep into your skin and pores where they can do the most good!
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) – You’ve probably heard of this ingredient if you’ve browsed the vitamin or health supplement shelves at your local store. It’s not often used in skin care, but Jeune D’age found good reasons to include it. So why is MSM a star ingredient for skin care? It’s a natural sulfur compound that works to build collagen. Yep, that wonderful little thing that plumps our skin. MSM is also helpful in carrying oxygen and other nutrients deep into your skin, making everything much more effective. (Editor’s note… I used to give MSM to my horses for joint and muscle health! OK, just had to share that personal tidbit. ~Jami “BB”)
Those ingredients, and the rest listed below, are what makes Jeune D’age’s Cleanser a standout. Everything that’s in their packaging, has an absolute reason to be there (unlike many other skincare brand, uh hmm!). It benefits your skin in some way. And it’s no surprise that this face wash leaves my face feeling calmer and more moisturized, not to mention smoother due to its gentle exfoliating action. Sensitive gals will be fine with this wash and its exfoliating properties, too. You’ll barely notice the fact that your skin is being gently “turned over” until you look in the mirror and see the results- it really lives my face radiant!
The cleanser works synergistically with the Jeune’s other 3 products in their skincare line. Using one product, you’ll notice results. But, I notice the effects of the entire system ten-fold when I use them together.
The cleanser costs $19.95 for 4 oz. and last’s quite a long time.
Full list of ingredients for Premiere Cleanser:
Organic Aloe Juice, Organic Olive Oil, Organic Rooibos Tea Extract, Emulsifying Wax NF, Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, MSM, DMAE, Organic Pomegranate Extract, Organic Green Papaya Extract, Organic Pineapple Extract, Organic Papaya Extract, Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Vitamin E, Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid), Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C Ester), Panthenol (Vitamin B Complex), Retinol Palmitate (Vitamin A), Rosehip Oil, Evening Primrose Oil, Cranberry Seed Oil, Carrot Oil, Xanthan Gum
Jeune D’age Organics “Premiere Cleanser and Gentle Exfoliator” costs $19.95 for a 4 ounce pump bottle that’ll last you a really long time (you only need a little to wash your face since it’s so concentrated) or check out the full line Gift Set for $97.50 (a savings of $17.30!).