I’ve shared some of my love of indie brand Me by Mezhgan before.. and now I’ve tried out their “define me eye liner” in ‘natural me’ (which is a matte brown. My love for this brand continues!
What I love…
- Built-in sharpener and smudge sponge tip! Need I say more? This is just simply handy.
- The twist-up style pencil keeps me from smooshing my eyeliner by pushing the cap down too far. (Yes, I do that quite often… more poor, poor pencils.)
- Nice and soft. This pencil doesn’t pull on my lid but it’s packed with color, and wears all day. Contact lens wearers and sensitive eye gals, this is a great liner for you!
- Blendable! It’s easy to use just the eyeliner to create a smoky eye, or leave it as a clean line for a professional look. Very versatile!
What I’d like to improve on…
- More colors. Right now there’s only brown and black. I’d love to see a green, blue, maroon, purple and something metallic for evening, maybe a gunmetal gray?
Here’s a smokey brown eye that I created using only this pencil.
- Line your top and bottom lash lines and inner water line.
- Use the smudge sponge to *very* lightly blend out the lines. A Bionic Hint: I like to move the sponge in slight U shaped semi-circles to blend. It seems to work much better than just going back n’ forth in a line.
- Reline over top of the smoked line for definition.
- Finish with a light coat of mascara. With eyes this dramatic and edgy, I like to keep the mascara light and natural. I used L’Oreal’s Bare Naturale mascara in Black.
Mezhgan’s Defiine Me eyeliners are $18.50 and available on the MeByMezhgan.com website.