This was my entry into the Everyday Minerals contest. I decided to share it with everyone since I found some creative ways to use the mineral makeup (I used my mineral blush for my lips!). Let me know your thoughts.
This is a super easy, very natural makeup application. It basically highlights your skin, yet keeps it showing through and allows your eyes to pop just a bit. This look would be perfect for a casual evening out, or a day at the office!
Makeup Application Process for My Look: “Rockin’ the Glow”
- I primed my face with a light application of moisturizer to ensure even application of the mineral makeup. Then I mixed a pinch of Light Olive Original Glo with Light Neutral Semi-Matte and applied with a baby Kabuki brush across the entire face and blended down under the jawline. Concealer in Intensive Medium was applied with a synthetic brush under both eyes, the inner corner of eyes and blended. The same concealer was then applied across the upper lip (due to my Melasma).
- Swept entire face with a large Kabuki brush to blend everything out.
- Blush in Sunday Brunch was lightly applied to the apples of cheeks and blended out in a circular motion.
- Using Chamomile eyeshadow, a light sweep was placed on the bridge of the nose and blended out.
- For the eyes, Countryside eyeshadow was applied to my lids and swept up into the crease. Brow bone and inner corner of eyes were highlighted with Chamomile shadow.
- With a small natural bristle liner brush, eyeshadow/liner in Black was applied dry to the upper lash line and remnants on the brush were swept under the lower lashes for a slightly smoky look.
- Lashes were coated with Physician’s Formula Mineral Wear Mascara in Blackest Black.
- Lips received a light coat of Burt’s Bees lip balm and then Sunday Brunch blush was applied over top and moved around the entire lip with a lip brush. A teeny dusting of Veranda face color was used as frosting for the lips.
If you like this post, please read the follow-up article: Finalists in the Everyday Minerals Contest Announced!
Are you make-up challenged? With a few of theses great products from Benefit Cosmetics you will look your best all the time.