Sally Hansen’s newish line is Natural Beauty “inspired by Carmindy”. The line is eco-friendly and focuses on more natural colors, highlighters, and tones. And it’s gaining fans by the day. I tried out the Forever Stay eye pencils in Blue Indigo (a deep matte navy) and Pure Plum (a deep purple). I also got the Natural Highlighter in Gold Dust.
These liners stayed put both in cold and humidity without wandering, flaking or smudging. I’d highly recommend them for women with sensitive lids or contact lens wearers. (My looks and notes on all the products are below…)Since these pencils are uber-soft, they don’t pull your skin; but may take some getting used to if your usual eyeliners are harder. The Natural Highlighter is similar to Three Custom Color’s Watercolors and the new Shimmer Cremes. Except the Sally Hansen version is a bit more “fluid”. And not quite as much pigment so you have to use a bit more. My Gold Dust duo contains a pale shimmer highlighter and a bronzy-copper shade for well, bronzing or sculpting. I’ve been using my for my lips, cheeks and eyelids (the copper color), to highlight my nose, cupid’s bow, and brow bone (lighter shimmer cream). My only drawback- when used on the eyelids, the highlight creams do crease. I haven’t tried them with an eyeshadow base yet, so that may improve performance. But in any case, the color is fun, and I’d really recommend them! Here are some looks I created with my Natural Beauty eyeliners.
With the Blue Indigo-
- Covered my eyelid with the Gold Dust bronze/copper color and used the light highlight cream on my brow bone and inner eye corner.
- Applied a nice, even line of Blue Indigo across my upper lashline.
- A coat of mascara.
- Very easy, simple way to bring some color into a day you might be hurrying through!
With Pure Plum-
- Again, I covered my eyelid with the Gold Dust bronze color; and accented my brow bone & inner eye corner with the light shimmer.
- I lined my upper and lower lashline with Pure Plum.
- Since these liners are soooo soft- they work VERY well for smoking your eye. I just blended out with a soft, taklon brush using mini strokes. You just want to soften the line.
- Optional- line your inner waterline.
- Apply mascara!
There we go ladies. Two simple, extremely QUICK looks that any lady can pull off. So embrace some color this spring! Find the Sally Hansen Natural Beauty collection at your local drugstore (I spotted mine at CVS).