Today is all about the green! And in honor of St. Patty’s Day, I created this green makeup eye look accented with gold shimmer, a gold-flecked blush, and topped with super glossy lips.
Here’s the how-to:
- I applied my standard foundation, Purely Cosmetics mineral makeup in California Blonde, using a damp Beauty Blender.
- Since I am working towards a green look on the warmer scale, I choose NARS The Multiple Multi-Purpose Stick, Orgasm. O is a light peach with golden flecks throughout (holding towards the ‘warmer’ side).
- Next, since St. Patty’s is a day for celebrating, I figured why not try some extravagant falsies! Revlon’s Fantasy Length lashes in Intensifying were long and gorgeous. I did have a bit of a tough time applying and am glad I did it *before* I applied my eye makeup. The glue worked well, but the lash ridge itself was a bit too flexible so it was hard to get it right up against my lashline. It kept flopping around. But they were fun to wear and didn’t interfere with my glasses!
- Combed my eyebrows through with The Model Brow brow promade.
- Eyelids were coated with Milani eyeshadow in Antique Gold. Blend up into and past the crease a bit until the color fades away.
- Line upper and lower lashlines with Shiny Mama’s Precious Gems dual ended pencil in Sunray. Sunray is a bright gold glitter pencil that is SO unbelieveably soft on your eyes. The other end is a bright silver. I use them for highlighting, lining, inner eye corners, amping up my lip gloss (see below). I HIGHLY recommend this pencil.
- Coat lashes lightly with L’Oreal Bare Naturale mascara (my review).
- Since the eye look is the focus here, I chose Smashbox’s new O-Plump plumper lip gloss. This gloss changes “to your perfect pink”. I love that it’s glossy, tingly without stinging, plumps some, and isn’t sticky. It also contains Goji Berry C-Complex to continually condition your lips making it a true lip treatment! O-Plump is $24 at beauty.com. I heart mine…BIGTIME!
- For extra impact and to tie the look together, I dabbed Shiny Mama’s Sunray in the center of my lower lip.
What are your plans for this evening? Are you heading out or staying in? Oh, and be sure to wear your green!!