Ok, so I confess, I’m one of those crazy Twilight fans. I adore the books, I’ve read them all several times, I’m anxiously awaiting the movie, and I even have a Team Edward t-shirt. Combine that with my love of Halloween and it’s a costume idea meant-to-be!
I got myself all done up a day early to share my costume-look with my BB readers. And yes, I am fully aware that Alice did not have purple hair. However, if there is a Cullen that might have purple hair, it would certainly be Alice!
The thing to remember is that creating a costume inspired by one of Forks resident vampires should not be difficult. Use your creativity. Paw through your closet. Check with friends and family members for old prom dresses. It’s really very easy, and you probably have everything you need around your house already.
Costume Suggestions and Tips:
- Coat your body with sparkly lotion or shimmery powder. I used Spell’s Body Gloss EVERYWHERE! Twilight vamps sparkle in the sun.
- Since I was going for an Alice Cullen-esque look, I flat-ironed my hair and flipped the ends out. I also added a strip of velvet ribbon for a choker (along with a spider brooch for spooky goodness).
- For Rosalie, curl your hair into loose waves.
- For Bella, you could add a faux leg cast and wear a prom dress.
- Twilight vamps are always well-dressed. You could take a que from me and sport a formal dress… this is my old prom dress and pretend you’re heading to the Forks High School prom. 😉 Or just some nice jeans and a pretty blouse. Don’t forget good shoes!
- Blood red nail polish on your fingers and toes! Alice Cullen loved this color. (I still have to do my manicure, that’s on this afternoons schedule.)
- Please remember…no fangs!
Face Makeup Ideas:
- Start with super light foundation to make yourself pale.
- Dust overtop with shimmery face powder. I used Ferro Cosmetics Rose Crystal Mineral Veil (a light pink powder with silver shimmer).
- Put bronzer or cream blush underneath your cheekbones, in your cheek’s hollows to enhance them.
- For my upper eyelids I did a normal makeup look with a brown eyeshadow. I used Milani’s Java Bean shadow across my entire lid and then lined my upper lid in the same color.
- Underneath eyes, give yourself some “bruise-like” shadows by dusting lightly with a matte purple eyeshadow. It’s okay if it’s a bit uneven. You want to look a bit like a hungry vamp. 😉
- Line lower lash line with a sparkly purple eyeshadow and coat lashes with mascara.
- Coat your lips with several applications of red lip stain (I suggest Sonia Kashuk’s or Revlon’s Just Bitten). Or use a red lip pencil and blend it in. You want to look “stained”, er, with blood; not like you’ve applied lipstick or lipgloss.
For more ideas for your Twilight costumes… or just some fun reading… visit the Twilight Vampire lens on Squidoo. Be sure you check out the polls on there, they crack me up!
The last photograph is me dancing to Monster Mash cause I’m just SO DARN HAPPY it’s Halloween! What are you dressing up as for Halloween? Share your costume in the comments below!!
Feathers n’ fangs,
P.S. Want some more last minute costume and makeup ideas? Check out Bionic Beauty’s series on Halloween!